Friday, December 6, 2013

True Blue Spa: Cracked Heel Treatment with Glycolic Acid




While it's not technically winter, it sure feels like it! Winter dryness is pretty common and I struggle with extremely dry, cracked hands. I blame it on a combination of cold weather and excessive hand washing... oh, and lots of antibacterial gel. If you suffer from dry hands or feet, regardless of the season, you'll wanna hear about this treatment from Bath & Body works. 

Let's talk about the True Blue Spa Cracked Heel Treatment with Glyolic Acid from Bath & Body Works.

It's marked for the feet (as if the word heel didn't give that away), but I also like to use it on my hands. It softens rough feet and repairs sore cracked hands. I notice a difference after one use, but for best results, I recommend using it regularly.

I've used this cream several times this week because my hands were super dry and starting to crack. I usually have a tough time treating my hands, but after a few uses, I'm happy to share that my hands are back to normal... actually, better than normal. They feel so soft and smooth.


The Cracked Heel Treatment exfoliates and moisturizes in one step. It's creamy formula contains Glycolic Acid and Shea Butter.

Glycolic Acid is an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that breaks down and exfoliates the top layer of skin. This helps to break down dry, cracked skin while the Shea Butter adds hydration and much needed moisture to dry, winter skin.

It has the constancy typical with a body butter. It's easy to apply and hydrates skin right away. 

This will be a staple of mine this winter.



In The Comments:
What's your favorite treatment for dry skin?

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Brian gets terribly dry hands. I may get some of this as a stocking stuffer for him. Thanks for the tip!
    Currently, to manage his already-cracking hands, I got him Lush's Tiny Hands bar and he likes it for massaging into his hands at night. Here's their description online: "Small in size but big in impact, Tiny Hands is our fantastically softening, smoothing hand cream in a bar. Creamy cocoa and shea butter, soothing argan oil and aloe vera improve your skin’s elasticity while smoothing and softening dry, cracked hands. The comforting scent of sweet vanilla and marigold will make you feel instantly better but for the ultimate remedy for sore palms, smooth the moisturizing bar across your hands after a day of working hard. Even better? Apply before bed and wake up to a new grip on life."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "... a new grip on life." how cleaver :) Do you order online or do you go into the city to buy Lush products?

      Delete
  2. im always on the lookout for things that will moisterize my heels. i tried omething from the body shop but it really was just so-so. my hg is using the glysomed hand cream. guaranteed smooth heels in a week
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of glysomed hand cream before. I'll have to check out my drugstore; thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. Such an important post :) especially this time of the year :) have to check it out .xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.