Thursday, December 5, 2013

NOTD: Wet n Wild MegaLast Wet Cement


Last night was a sleepless one, but I decided to make the best of it and paint my nails! Way to be productive huh? I went with a combo of two of my new nail polishes (hauled here).


As always, I prepped for polish with a clear base coat. I used Sally Hansen Double Duty.

 
I applied two coats of Wet n Wild MegaLast in Wet Cement. This shade is best described as a wet cement color... so, Wet n Wild did a great job naming it! It's similar to, but lighter than, OPI You Don't Know Jacques (if your familiar with that shade). It's a nice neutral shade-- it's a gray taupe shade in natural lighting and more of a brown taupe in artificial light.


This is a creamy polish. It applied beautifully with the wide, curved tip pro brush that comes with the MegaLast polishes.

For an accent, I applied Wet n Wild Wild Shine Kaleidoscope glitter polish to both ring fingers. It's a pretty multicolor glitter polish with small and fine glitters. Glitter polish is just so fun and festive; I love wearing it, especially around this time of the year.

I topped everything off with a coat of Essie Good To Go top coat.


In The Comments:
What color polish are you wearing today?
and...
For any fellow insomniacs-
What do you do when you can't sleep?

16 comments:

  1. OH . MY . GOD do i loooove your nails! I never usually go for wet n wild products any more-- i used to when i was younger. I am so glad I saw this post because I am definitely checking them out next time I am at my local drug store. Thank you for sharing gorgeous!!! I always love all of your posts :)

    I am currently rocking red with xmas trees on my accent fingers!! i get into the holiday spirit early as its my favorite holiday ;)

    Rica xoxo
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently started wearing Wet n Wild polish again. The formula is really nice and they have some great shades.
      You holiday nails sound cute!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love this! You've inspired me to get this polish I need a good grayish color anyway! Nice Nikki!

    Leah @ Hug, Kiss, Makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to help, and fuel your spending haha!

      Delete
  3. love ths color and went through a bit of a phase trying to find this shade. picked up one from l'oreal
    as for sleeping, i find stretch has helped. usually i can't sleep b/c either my mind is too busy or my body is too tense. stretch helps with the latter.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I've been stretching a lot lately. My body has been really sore and achy. No matter how much stretching I do, it never feels like enough.

      Delete
  4. Great pick Nikki! I love the sort of muddy look. To help you rest easy at night try listening to calming music or light a nice candle.

    xo.Janiecy.xo | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a muddy color for sure.
      Thanks for the tips! I made a relax/sleep playlist a while ago, but haven't played it lately. I'll have to do that tonight!

      Delete
  5. love it that you use my fave brand of drugstore nail polish nikki! and i love their megalast line because of the flat brush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their brush is awesome. It makes painting a breeze.

      Delete
  6. its such a pretty color of manicure :) love your nails !! would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'll be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete
  7. That's suchhh a pretty color, for winter especially. Wet N Wild products can be very hit or miss but I love 99% of their nail polishes. Their lip products, bronzer, and pressed powder is awesome too!!


    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a big fan of Wet n Wild products and love how affordable they are so I can try out lots of different colors :)

      Delete
  8. Lovely look and I really like the effect on the accent nail! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.