Friday, December 13, 2013

NOTD: OPI My Favorite Ornament


I wasn't going to purchase any polishes from OPI's Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection, but... I caved. Yesterday, I saw My Favorite Ornament in person and that did it; I needed it. I couldn't wait to paint my nails and share it with you. It's a glitter polish that's great for the holidays or would be perfect for a sparkly accent nail.



Let's talk about this polish...


OPI My Favorite Ornament polish is a cross between silver and gold glitter. It varies depending on the light, but I'd consider it a champagne shade. I'm sure it would look awesome on any skin tone. It's just gorgeous. 

The polish has a clear base but is so densely packed with glitter that it's almost completely covered with glitter after one coat. I applied a second coat for full coverage. You could apply one coat of this over another color polish, but be warned, only a little color will peek through all the glitter.


Due to the massive amount of glitter, the polish seems a bit thick when applying. Don't worry though, it dries very quickly. It's also forgiving if you mess up a bit or don't exactly keep it all on the nail. All of these things make it ideal for a last minute manicure before heading a party for the holidays.

The polish dries with a little bit of a grit (did I mention it's got a ton of glitter- hehe). You could leave (cause it looks pretty) or apply a top coat for a smoother finish. I applied one coat of Essie Good To Go top coat to finish off my nails. It's not completely smooth, but it doesn't matter to me. It looks great, and that's what counts.


In The Comments:
What's your favorite polish to wear during the holidays?



 

7 comments:

  1. all I think is ... wow so sparkly, must be a bitch to remove :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have this particular polish, but I have the Mariah Carey collection from last Christmas which also featured a bunch of cool glitter polishes. And you're so right: it IS a bitch to remove. I was standing there forever scrubbing at my nails. I practically needed a cotton round for each nail. But what I liked about it (the polish--not the removal!) was that it was, indeed, quite forgiving AND when it chipped, it was easy to do small patch jobs and not have to redo the entire manicure.

      Delete
    2. Ha! I've fought with glitter polishes in the past and thought I'd have to do the same with this, but it wasn't that bad.
      I used one cotton round for all 10 nails. I just held the cotton round (with polish remover) over each nail for 15-30 seconds and it came off easy- just like any other polish.

      Delete
    3. Oh and Natalie- it's similar to the liquid sand polishes. It feels a little different, but chips aren't very noticeable and touch up easy.

      Delete
  2. I debated about getting this polish because it looks so perfect for the holidays.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty. I went with red this week for Christmas, but I might do this again for NYE.

      Delete
  3. This is such a beautiful nail polish color! I have a tendency of avoiding glitter nail polishes, but this one might make me reconsider! Looks fantastic!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.