Thursday, December 12, 2013

FOTD: 'No Makeup' Makeup


I was out running errands and doing a little Christmas shopping today. Before I faced the world, I made up my face; opting for a simple makeup look. I wouldn't consider this minimal makeup since I used 7 products, but I guess it's sort of a 'no makeup' makeup look.


The Products:


Simple Makeup Application:

I have pretty dark under eye circles and some acne scaring which means, concealer is basically an essential for me. I used CoverGirl Simply Ageless concealer under my eyes and for spot concealing. 

To keep shine at bay, I used a powder brush to dust Milani Multitasker face powder to my T-zone.

Applying a touch of blush to my cheeks is a must for me; it gives a bit of color to my face. I applied the Revlon cream blush to the apples of my cheek and blended out for a soft glow. 

I believe that filling in the brows make a pretty big difference for the face. Sometimes my brows are a bit sparse and filling them in makes me look healthier. I've been using L'Oreal Brow Stylist brow pencil a lot lately and like how natural it looks. 

Using my fingers, I swiped the cream matte eye shadow (from the L'Oreal Cupa Joe quad) under my brow and to the inner corner of my eye lid. Then I swiped a medium matte brown over the rest of my eye lid. While eye shadow isn't an essential, it does work to cover up those lovely eyelid veins.

I'd hate to leave the house without mascara; I'd feel naked without it. I just recently started using the Revlon Grow Luscious mascara. As of now, I think it gives a natural look to my lashes, but I plan on doing a full review once I've been using it for a bit.

I dabbed on a bit of Almay Liquid Lip Balm for subtle color and to protect my lips before stepping out into the cold.


In The Comments:
What products do you use for your No Makeup, Makeup Look?


12 comments:

  1. oh i really want that almay lip balm now, love the colour! this is a great easy look that gives you some extra polish without too much work, i could definitely see myself wearing something like this on a day to day basis :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. I seem to forget how much I like it until I use it and then I think- why don't I use this more?

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the Almay lip balm. It's always in my hand bag and is great for those days when I'm running out the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear you like it too! It's very easy to wear.

      Delete
  3. Love it, very natural and refined. Brows, some definition in the eyes and a pinch of color on the lips and cheeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ive been seeing those almay lip things around but ive hold off on buying them. this one looks really nice on though. i'll have to keep them in mind if i'm in the mood for a new drugstore lip product :)

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only tried the one, but I love it and would recommend it for sure. It feels like a balm, but looks like a gloss... if the name didn't give it away.

      Delete
  5. Love your makeup here dear! I've been meaning to try the Almay Liquid Lip Balm and the Revlon Love Potion Mascara for awhile now...been trying to use a lot of products up in my collection though since it's been difficult!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand. There's not enough days to wear all the makeup.

      Delete
  6. Akldslkfs you're making me want to pick up the Revlon blush ASAP. I've been wanting that blush for months, and I love how natural it looks on you! The Almay lip balm shade is also gorgeous!

    For my no-makeup makeup face, I basically just slap on concealer and blush ;-; (I'm taking lazy to extreme heights, haha)
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush looks really subtle and natural in person. I was impressed by the light touch of color.

      haha- I like that. just slap things on. :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.