Monday, December 16, 2013

EOS Lip Balm in Sweet Mint


EOS Lip Balms are probably one of the most talked about balms. With all the hype, I decided to (finally) give it a try for myself. I'm glad I finally broke down and bought one of the balms; EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm has become a favorite of mine.


Before I get to my thoughts, I thought I should go over some key points about EOS Lip Balm. They're the 100% natural (95% organic) spherical balms with colorful packaging and lots of scents/flavors to choose from. I'll specifically be reviewing Sweet Mint.

It contains:
  • Shea Butter
  • Jojoba Oil
  • Vitamin E
  • Beeswax

Other things to note:
  • Gluten-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Not tested on animals
  • Made in the USA

The package says: "EOS keeps your lips moist, soft, and sensationally smooth."


For what it's worth, I think it lives up to the claim. I've been using this consistently for... well I can't recall how long, but it's been over a month (haha). I'm hooked on EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm and here's why:
  • Clear waxy balm with staying power.
    • Glides on lips and stays put.
    • I apply it every night before bed and it stays on all night long. 
  • Protects and softens my lips. 
    • It's been keeping them from chapping (since I started wearing it regularly). 
    • My lips are oh-so-soft and it's been a cold, harsh month.  
  • Smells minty fresh. 
    • I love minty scents. This one kind of reminds me of Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint candle.
    • It also has a little tingly-cool feel.   
  • Great packaging. 
    • It's easy to open and grasp. 
    • It's unusual, sphere shape makes it easy to find in a purse/bag.   
    • It's a pretty, mint blue. Yeah, the color of the packaging matters to me :)
  • Dome shaped for easy application.
    • No dipping fingers into balm.
    • Don't need to disinfect hands before applying to lips.

I've heard the texture of the balm varies depending on the scent. While I can't speak for all the other scents, I think Sweet Mint is a winner and a must-have for winter. Prices vary, but are about $3 each. 

For those of you still shopping- this would make a great stocking stuffer!


In The Comments:
What's your favorite lip balm?
If you've tried EOS lip balm, which is your favorite?

14 comments:

  1. I've never tried the EOS lip balms because I am still loving my Burts Bees chapstick!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a fan of Burt's Bees too, but EOS has earned a spot in my lip care too. :)

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing! I wish I could buy EOS lip balms where I llive.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize they didn't have EOS in Germany.

      Delete
  3. Totally need to get my hands on EOS!
    Good review x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite lip balms, in this flavor too! It's so refreshing but one of the only balms that actually moisturize my lips.

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refreshing is a perfect way to describe it. So glad to hear it works for you too!

      Delete
  5. I have one in passionfruit and my problem is that it's flavoured :( otherwise love it.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see that being a problem for some. I like the mint because it seems like a normal smell/taste for my mouth. I use minty toothpaste, mouthwash, and gum so minty balm doesn't seem strange.

      Delete
  6. Hi sweetie, I don't know if you realize but Google has delete the GFC and I'm triyng to get in touch with people that I was following and that was following me back to ask to follow each other on Bloglovin' so that we can stay in touch. I will follow you right back. Thank you, Kisses Ana
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8529505/city-girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll look into that. I know that I can still see all the blogs I follow with GFC in my blogger account.

      Delete
  7. i have it in strawberry and its dome shap container makes me want to eat it every time i apply :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! My cousin had the strawberry one... until her little girl bit into it. So apparently the strawberry is irresistible :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.