Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Would You Rather Tag


I was tagged by Amelie from All Things Glitter and Beauty to do the Would You Rather Tag: Beauty Edition. I loved reading her answers to the tag (seen here); I just couldn't wait to answer them myself. 

There's some pretty tough choices to be made, so lets get to the questions!


Would You Rather Tag:
 
1.  Would you rather loose all of your mascaras, eyeliners, lipsticks, and lip glosses OR lose all of your palettes and eye shadows?
Alright, so I've given this some thought... while I wouldn't want to go without mascara, it would probably cost less to replace the mascaras, eyeliners and lip products I've lost rather than having to replace all the eye shadows/ palettes that I have.

 
2.  Would you rather chop off all your hair OR never be able to cut it again?
My hair grows pretty fast and if I could never cut, it would be out of control
I'd hate to brush it... could you imagine
So, I'd chop off my hair. While I've never been bald (even as a baby), I've had short hair before, and as long as I had sunscreen for my scalp, I'd manage till it grew back.


3.  Would you rather have a coral cheek OR a pink cheek?
Pink please! I like coral, but I think pink complements my skin better. 
That was an easy one!


4.  If you had $1,000 to spend, would you rather buy clothes OR makeup?
 There's lots of high end makeup that I'd love to get my hands on, but I can't imagine really spending $1,000, in a short period of time, on makeup for myself. However, a clothing shopping spree would be very do-able.


5.  Would you rather apply lipstick as eyeliner OR eyeliner as lipstick?
 This is tough. I wouldn't want to wear eyeliners in shades like black, brown, purple, green, or even nude (skin tone) on my lips. I just don't see that looking good on me. 
However, I can't imagine lining my eyes with lipstick would be a good look either, but I'd pick lipstick as eyeliner. I'd just need to make sure it's new or disinfected so I wouldn't end up with an eye infection. Also, I would look for lipstick in dark shades (that I just said I wouldn't wear on my lips) to wear as eyeliner. That's within the rules, right?


6.  Would you rather only shop at MAC OR Sephora?
Sephora. I don't own any MAC products (I know!) and Sephora has so many different brands that I'd get to try out lots of different products. 


7.  Would you rather only use one eyeshadow color OR one lip color for the rest of your life?
After changing my mind several times... one lip color... final answer! 
I think I make due with only one moisturizing, creamy red lipstick for the rest of my life. I'd be able to wear it several different ways, such as a bold lip, blotted for a softer look, 
or almost completely wiped off for a natural, staining effect.
I wouldn't really need more than one eyeshadow color, but I have the most fun applying eyeshadow. It would be a bummer to only have one. 


8.  Would you rather wear winter clothes in the summer OR summer clothes in the winter?
 I don't farewell in extreme temperatures (hot or cold), so I don't like the idea of being ill prepared for either. I would rather wear winter clothes in the summer. I almost always have a sweater with me in the summer months anyway; I get so stinkin' cold from the AC.


9.  Would you rather have dark nails OR bright nails all year round?
Brights! I've been loving darker colors this fall, but there's nothing quite like bright nails.


10.  Would you rather give up your favorite lip product OR your favorite eye product?
 I don't even like thinking of the idea giving up my favorite eye product. 
There's just no way I'd give up mascara. Not happening! 
My lips would just have make a sacrifice and go without lip balm.  


11.  Would you rather only be able to wear your hair in a ponytail OR a messy bun?
 I wear my hair in a messy bun a lot (including right this very moment), but I think I'd pick ponytail because there are so many different types of ponytails that I'd still be able to have some variety with my hair.
 

12.  Would you rather never be able to paint your nails again OR never use lip gloss?
 Even though I like lip gloss, I'd go without it because I love nail polish.


13.  Would you rather shave your eyebrows and have none at all OR sharpie them in everyday?
 Have you ever held a finger over your eyebrows to see what it might look like without eyebrows? No, just me? Okay well you can just take my work, it looks super-strange. Now while sharpie isn't the ideal brow filler, a brown, fine tip sharpie might not be that bad... 
it's got to at least be better than the alternative.



14.  Would you rather live without makeup OR nail polish?
 Seriously? What kind of person would come up with this question!
I'd live a sad life without nail polish. 
My skin is far to problematic for me to give up makeup.



I tag Everyone!
 Including, but not limited to:


And of course you!


An Announcement:

I want to share with all of you that, as of today, I've been blogging for 1 year! Since my first post (see here), I've blogged 3 times a week (every week) for a total of 157 posts (including this one). This is a big milestone for me, but my blog's anniversary is actually later in the month- Fairest's Favorites was initially set as private. I'll share that story with you on the 22nd, but until then... Thank You! Who knows if I would have kept up with my blogging hobby if it wasn't for all of my wonderful readers/followers and the lovely comments you all leave. All of you mean so much to me and I've had so much fun this past year. I can't wait to keep going :)

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on one year blogging!!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on one year blogging, it went by so fast! :) cant wait to read many more post :)

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosina! It's crazy how quickly that year went.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear! I follow you back to bloglovin! A lovely post! A good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS!!!! and thank you for tagging me. not sure what i'm going to say for some of these. most of the question are pretty ridiculous. lol.
    and why was i not following you on twitter before? this laps in judgement has now been rectified.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes they are. I think the Would You Rather questions/game is so silly and fun.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your 1 year blogging anniversary dear! Will definitely be doing this tag (I am so belated with tags lately...but I PROMISE I will do the ones you have been tagging me in!)
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No worries. I just (re)read your Beauty Things I Suck at Tag and commented this time! Can't wait to read more.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on one year of consistent blogging!!! (a skill I still need to learn)

    This was soo much fun to read. I love how much you explained each answer! Also I pretty much have no eyebrows so I am going to disagree with you on the sharpie answer haha. But you can see the rest of my answers when I do this tag (soooonnn I promise)! Thanks for tagging me :)

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! Glad you liked it.

      And you do have eyebrows! I guess it might vary from person to person, but my brows are naturally so dark and my face is so light that without them it would be a huge difference.
      Can't wait to read your answers.

      Delete
  7. Great tag Nikki! Thank you for tagging me! I will definitely be doing this one!!

    Kendra
    beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading (or watching/listing to) your answers.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on blogging for one year! That's one hella commitment, not gonna lie @_@
    I don't own any mac products either (shameful! ;-;), and I agree, seems a bit frivolous to spend $1000 just on makeup when clothes will kinda last you longer and are more practical ._.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! It's good to hear that you're a practical spender too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.