Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Sweater Weather Tag


Baby it's COLD outside! It's a cold, rainy fall day and I'm trying to stay warm. The heat's turned up and I'm snug in a comfy sweater sipping on some hot vanilla caramel tea. Now is the perfect time for me to do the Sweater Weather Tag! There are several different versions of this, but I got my questions from Kendra's blog Beauty by Kendra C.


THE QUESTIONS:
 
1. Favorite candle scent?

 
Autumn by Slatkin & Co from Bath & Body Works
It smells like fresh apples and woods.
It's not an overpowering scent; it just smells really fresh and crisp.
and

I love minty scents and this one is perfect.
It's a very cool minty scent that is perfect for the holidays. 


2. Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate?
I love hot chocolate, but don't usually drink it.
This year I've started drinking tea and its especially good on cold days.


3. What's your best fall memory?
I loved going to football games in the fall. 
It was always a lot of fun getting together with friends and then celebrating the win after.


4. Which makeup trend do you prefer: bold lips or winged eyeliner?

Bold lips. 


5. Best fragrance for the fall?

It just smells so warm and cozy. I love vanilla scents.  


6. Favorite Thanksgiving food?
My favorite Thanksgiving dish is homemade mashed potatoes.
Oh and apple pie!


7. What's the autumn weather like where you live?
Stinkin' cold! Seriously, I miss Florida. haha
Right now, in Pennsylvania, we're in the midst of a nor'easter. 
It's cold, windy, and rainy; basically, it's miserable. 
... and it just started snowing.


8. Most worn sweater?
Year round, I wear a ton of cardigans.
When it starts getting chilly out, I like switching to pull over sweaters; they're just so cozy.
One of my most worn is my Florida State sweater that I've had for ages.


9. Must-have nail polish this fall?

I think OPI's Peace & Love & OPI is a must this fall.
It's a beautiful duo chrome that I can't get enough of! See my NOTD.


10. Football games or jumping in a pile of leaves?
Football games.
It's been a while since I've played football, but I love going to games.
I haven't jumped in a pile of leaves since I was a little girl.
The last time I did, I was stabbed with a stick.  


11. Skinny jeans or leggings?
Skinny jeans; they're much warmer.
Although leggings are pretty much necessary under a dress or skirt this time of year.


12. Boots or Uggs?
Boots.
They're practical for the cold and also for rainy or snowy situations.


13. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype?
Nope- only because I don't like pumpkin anything.
However, I get the enthusiasm behind a seasonal flavor.
It's somewhat limited to the fall and if you love pumpkin, you wanna indulge in as much of it while you can.


14. Favorite fall TV show?
The Good Wife, Revenge, and The Walking Dead.
All Sunday night shows, so set your DVR because they are must see shows in my opinion.


15. What song really gets you into the fall spirit?
California Dreamin' by The Mamas and The Papas
It doesn't so much get me in the spirit as it just makes me think of the fall which feels a lot like winter right about now. 
All the leaves are brown and the trees are bare. It just looks dreary out.
To feel festive, I like to start listening to Christmas music around Thanksgiving. 


Have you done the Sweater Weather Tag?
If not, I tag you! 

If you've already done it,
let me know in the comments so I can check out your answers. 


Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!


6 comments:

  1. Florida right now is pretty chilly, isn't as warm as it use to be...but I'm sure its not as cold as it is in Pennsylvania right now! I totally have been eyeing the new Revlon lip products, that color in Standout looks AMAZING. and LOVE revenge :) I can't wait til the wedding episode :D
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either! I wish there was a way to watch them all at once- without having to wait till the end of the season.

      Delete
  2. California Dreamin' reminds me of Siskel and Ebert. Waaaaay back in the day (and obvi I'm talkin' way back since both of these fellows have now passed) I had some show taped--I don't recall what show it was--on a good-ole VHS and the last couple minutes of an episode of Siskel and Ebert was taped. They had gotten a small karaoke machine (when karaoke machines were just getting popular) and they labored through California Dreamin' together as a duet. It was not very skillfully done. Nevertheless, to this day, when I hear that song, I think of the movie men with fondness.
    OMG! I just found it on youtube! It starts at 5:25.--> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25YrXjTfVcw
    Apparently it's from 1989. It was part of their holiday gift guide special. So probably there was some Christmas cartoon on after it that we were taping. Likely Christmas on Sesame Street or Rudolph or Frosty. (And now you are sorry you mentioned that song, but I am very very happy..hahahaha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching the video right now. Too funny. The internet has everything!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for doing the tag Nikki!! I loved your answers! Twisted Peppermint is another favorite candle scent of mine too-especially for this time of year!!

    Kendra
    beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh Twisted Peppermint! I have it burning right now.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.