Friday, November 1, 2013

October Favorites


I'm sad to say, October is over. It's time to recap some of my favorites of the month before falling in love with new products in November. 

As a reminder, I only mention the products (that I'm loving) that I haven't mentioned in previous Monthly Favorites. If you'd like to see the products I still love, check out my past Monthly Favorites. Now, on to October Favorites!

Makeup:

Rimmel Show Off (Apocalips) in Apocaliptic-
I've been all about the bold lip this month. I reached for this product/shade most often to achieve a bold beautiful color. I consider this a pink, but it comes across as a red. A lot of you seemed to really like this color too! I wore it in my Bold Lip FOTD


Wet n' Wild Color Icon palette in Nude Awakening-
I used colors from this palette each time I applied eye shadow in October. Is that crazy? It comes with 8 neutral (or nude) shades and the quality is wonderful. I've been able to come up with so many eye looks including the one from my the Bold Lip FOTD.

Hair:


Kenra Platinum Blow Dry Spray-
I use this spray on clean, wet hair. It makes brushing through my hair easy and it smells wonderful. While this is great for heat styling (as the name might suggest), I don't regularly heat style my hair. Instead, I let my hair air dry with this product on and it has a relaxing effect on my curly hair. Did I mention, it smells oh so good!

Polish:

OPI Peace & Love & OPI-
Oh my goodness! I had never used a shade like this before and (at the time) it was the darkest color I'd ever worn on my nails (until my Spooky Eyes NOTD). This duo crome shade is gorgeous and I couldn't help but admire my nails all day long. I'm looking forward to painting my nails with it again in the future... does that seem weird? lol Anyway, if you wanna see the color check out my NOTD

Food:

Peanut Butter Banana Muffins-
I hadn't had baked goods in almost 2 years due to allergy restrictions. When I spotted this recipe on Pinterest my first thought was 'Ahh, those look PERFECT!' immediately followed by "ughh, I can't have them.' Just for the heck of it, I decided to see what the ingredients were, and it turned out, I could eat everything on the list! Yes! I made a batch with semi- sweet chocolate chips and devoured them. A few days later I made a double batch to share with my family (they loved them too). Click Here for the recipe. 

Halloween:
I had a lot of fun with my Halloween themed posts at the end of October. I first got in the spirit when Kendra (Beauty by Kendra C) contacted me about coming up with our own tag, The Halloween Tag. It was so much fun working together, and it got me thinking about other Halloween posts, like my Spooky Eyes NOTD, Night Prowl NOTD, and my Zombie Makeup Tutorial.

YouTube:
Shaytards:
I've been watching YouTube videos for many years. Shaytards was one of the first channels I subscribed to and watch regularly. If you're not familiar with them, they're a family that vlogs everyday. In October they vlogged their experience of the birth of their fifth child. It was such an incredible, and very moving, video. You can Click Here to see the video (the birth starts at 23:00, it's not graphic). 

My 1st Video:
I also uploaded my first beauty video last month (Yay!) that went along with my Zombie Makeup Tutorial. I had several issues with filming, but I'm really happy that I've finally made a video; it's something I've wanted to do for a long time. Click Here to see my video and Subscribe to My Channel too.


In The Comments:
What were some of your favorites in October?

30 comments:

  1. How exciting that you uploaded your first YouTube video. I'll definitely check it out!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amelie! I appreciate your support :)

      Delete
  2. I'd love to try the Wet'N'Wild palettes - they look amazing! Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should pick one up if you ever see them in store (especially if on sale). I don't think you'll be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. I really liked your video! I wish I could get hold of wet and wild in England, your palette is so nice and you've got so many nice looks out of it!

    Katy xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for watching it Katy! I really appreciate it. It seems like such a shame that they don't sell WnW in England.

      Delete
  4. I love wet n wild eyeshadow palettes - I've never seen that one but it looks fantastic. That apocalips is one of my favorite shades too. I did a video of my favorites on my youtube channel if you want to check it out: katespitzblog

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This particular palette was hard to find. It was limited edition from the Spring, but I believe they did a re-release in the Fall, that's when I finally found mine. Just keep your eyes out for it. I will check out your favorites video now, thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They're muffins silly :P But that makes me wonder if I could make them into cookies... humm... I will experiment with this.

      Delete
  6. i love that rimmel lip color ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Peanut Butter Banana Muffins look soooo yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh! I have really been wanting to try the Rimmel Apocalips.
    Need to go find it and get some for myself.
    Btw Yayy! for makinf videos.
    I wanted to make one but have not courgae to do it, LOL!
    Btw I followed you. I really hope you want to follow me back.
    XOXO
    SIncerely Renny

    www.sincerelyrenny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Renny! I'm following you too. I really hope you make a video, just take the plunge. I'm sure your video will go so much better than mine :)

      Delete
  9. OMG I just bought the Rimmel SHOW OFF lip today! I was very unsure about it, but am usually very satisfied with their products -- so I went with it! I love it. I went with a brown because they match my skin tone more.

    Thanks for the share! I love your blog so much, Nikki!!

    Rica xox
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like your new shade! Thanks so much for stopping by Rica!

      Delete
  10. What does that Blow Dry Spray smell like? Is it tropical? Fruity? Floral?
    Also, next time you make those muffins make a triple batch and share them with your other family, huh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know that's a good question... I'm not really sure. It's something unique and amazing haha. If I had to categorize it I'd say it's a little warm, somewhat sweet. It reminds me a lot of vanilla- but I'm not sure if it's actually vanilla.
      And you bet! Once I'm feeling better I'm going to make a bunch more and I'll be happy to share :)

      Delete
  11. I been wanted to try that Kendra blow dry lotion for ages! Glad to hear you enjoy it!

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try. It works wonders. They have so many great products in the line.

      Delete
  12. Peanut butter banana muffins, that sounds like heaven! Ooh that OPI Nail polish is pretty Nikki :)
    Essence of Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Apocalyptic! Its probably one of my favorite in their collection! Never did get around to finding the Wet n Wild Nude Awakening Palette in my drugstores :( Must've gone to like 6 or 7 and didn't get to see it :( Hope you had a lovely October dear!

    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! I don't know how many different stores I've looked at. Check your local grocery stores, I've heard from people in the Tampa area that it's where they've found theirs. Good luck!

      Delete
  14. The rimmel lip lacquers are amazing! I love them, they're callled the apocolips in the UK :)


    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I like Apocolips is a better name than Show Offs, but they must have some reason for the change. They are still great though :)

      Delete
  15. Really wish those WnW palettes had come to Canada, such a gorgeous palette! Hope November treats you well :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Zoe! I hope you are having a great November!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.