Wednesday, November 6, 2013

NOTD: Wet n Wild Mega Last in Sugar Coat


There's nothing quite like freshly painted nails. It's guaranteed to put a smile on my face and instantly make me feel better. New polish is just what I needed after spending the past few days, sick in bed, peeling off my polish from last weeks NOTD. Is anyone else guilty of being a polish peeler?

I opted for a fresh, light pink polish. It's not one of the usual shade for fall, but there's something refreshing about a light polish after wearing so many dark shades. Anyone else agree?




Wet n Wild Mega Last polish in Sugar Coat is a sheer, milky pink shade. One coat creates a clean and healthy nail look that's appropriate for anything and everything. This better than bare, natural looking nail polish reminds me of one of my favorite polishes, OPI Bubble Bath (see NOTD), just at a fraction of the price.

One Coat vs. Two Coats vs. Three Coats

While I love the look of one coat, Sugar Coat is such a pretty pink so I wanted to build up the color. I applied 3 coats of Sugar Coat (skipping a clear base coat and top coat). I was able to get the color payoff I wanted and still maintain a, somewhat, sheer coverage. I think it looks so pretty and classic to have the white tips of my nails, while faint, still visible. Therefore, I wouldn't recommend this particular shade if you're looking for super opaque coverage.


Wet n Wild Mega Last polishes are a great drugstore nail polish. They're affordable, fast drying, and long wearing. I also love the flat and wide, curved tip brush that comes with this line of polish; it makes application a breeze.


In The Comments:
Do you like light polish in the fall? 
Let me know if you have a favorite pale pink or sheer polish?

Also, thank you so much for your input and well wishes on Monday's post; I really appreciate it. I'm still under the weather, but I'm eager to start working on some of your suggestions soon!


12 comments:

  1. Awww glad to hear you are feeling better! Polish peeler ---->right here 😱!! Sometimes you just can't help it! I have to say I really like this color and I don't mind light polish in the fall/winter to break up all the dark colors!! Great post!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to be feeling better too, but now I'm sick again! It makes me feel better to know your a polish peeler too! haha.

      Delete
  2. That's a great natural shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. essie sugar daddy! it just makes my nails look 'put togehter' if that makes sense. it evens out the color and adds just a touch of shine
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried Sugar Daddy, but so many people rave about it so I'm sure I will purchase it one day. I love polishes that give the put together look. OPI Bubble Bath and even Privacy Please are some of my favorites.
      You're right, evening out the color is a great way to describe it.

      Delete
  4. this is one of my fave brands of nail polishes :) its not expensive, the formula is nice, and the flat brush is amazing like you said ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy that Wet n Wild is so affordable and makes really great polish. The brush is perfect. I will pick up more in the future.

      Delete
  5. Thats such a lovely colour! it looks gorgeous on you :)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. I'll check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  6. It is such a gorgeous color, I don't think they do wet 'n wild in Europe (any more). And couldn't agree more, freshly painted nails always can add a smile to my face x

    9 out of ten | follow me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right; it's not sold there. I think you might have Essie polish and they have tons of similar shades.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.