Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NOTD: OPI Russian Navy


After my week long break from dark polishes (shown in my last NOTD), I've decided, I'm ready for another dark nail polish.


I applied a clear base coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty to prevent my nails from staining.



Then, I applied two coats of OPI Russian Navy. Please excuse any wobbly lines, my hands wouldn't stop shaking while painting my nails.

Russian Navy was part of the 2007 OPI Russian Collection, but as one of OPI's Top 10 Best Sellers, it has earned a spot in the permanent collection. This is a deep, navy blue with fine red and blue shimmer. The shimmer can appear purple depending on the lighting. It looks especially beautiful in sunlight.
  
For added shine, I added a coat of Essie Good To Go top coat.


ELF Golden Goddess  
Wouldn't this have been nice?

Initially, applied a coat of ELF Golden Goddess, a gold glitter with clear base, to each of my ring fingers as an accent nail. It looked beautiful, but never dried, smeared off, and took my navy nail polish with it. It was a huge mess. Not cool. I re-painted my ring fingers, but I couldn't decide on another glitter polish so I left it as a good old fashion manicure. Little fact about me- I'm really indecisive about little things, but make fairly swift decisions when it comes to major choices.


In The Comments:
What's your favorite glitter polish (to apply over other polish)?
I'm in the market for a new one.
:)


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous deep blue shade and perfect for some glitzy nail art :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try it again with silver glitter I think.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful deep blue shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's oh so pretty, especially in the light.

      Delete
  3. Essie had a gold glitter that looks gorgeous over a dark navy.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation; I'll need to look into that.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, what a great colour. I love deep blues this time of year. Hard Candy do some great glitter polishes.

    -Zubie

    zubiesmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Zubie! I'm not sure where to find Hard Candy, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous deep blue shade. Perfect for winter time! xx

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails looks gorgeous! I love this color, the shimmer keeps it from being too boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the little bit of shimmer too. It looks really dazzling in the light.

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous shade! Perfect for this season! You have a lovely blog, maybe we can follow each other?! Following you now with Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following :) I'll be sure to check out your blog.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.