Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lipstick & Nail Polish Haul: Deals At The Drugstore


I stopped at Walgreens and Rite Aid yesterday to take advantage of some of their current sales. Here's some, but not all, of what I purchased. About half of the beauty items I purchased are for gifts, so I won't be showing those.

Walgreens:
Sale & Coupons:
  • 40% off Revlon at Walgreens (and Rite Aid) this week (11/17-23/13). 
  • $2 Off store coupon for Revlon ColorBurst Balm. This is in Walgreen's November Savings Book of coupons (on pg 26), usually found on the stand with the current weeks flyers.
  • $2 Off manufacture coupon for any one Revlon lip product. Available to print at Coupons.com.
The November Savings Book of coupons at Walgreens.


I purchased a couple of the new Revlon ColorBurst Lip Balms:

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm and Lacquer Balm
in Standout (matte) and Whimsical (lacquer)

My selection was limited because the new display had been picked over and several of the balms had been opened and used. This frustrates me beyond belief! I really want to try Sultry, a matte, so I might check another Walgreens this week. 

Price breakdown:
At my Walgreens, each balm retails for $8.99 (prices may vary). After 40% off and both of the $2 Off coupons stacked, each Revlon ColorBurst Balm cost me $1.39 (before tax). I ended up spending less than $3 (with tax) on 2 brand new Revlon lip products. Without the sale or coupons, the two combined would have cost $17.98 (before tax). 

If you're interested in trying these out the new Revlon ColorBurst Balms, now's the time!

I found out about this deal on Nouveaucheap's Instagram, but it's also mentioned on her blog. There are regular updates on the latest beauty sales and coupons.


Rite Aid:
I made the majority of my purchases at Rite Aid, most of which were from Wet n Wild, but as mentioned before, I won't be showing everything.

Sales & (Possible) Coupons: 
  • 40% off Wet n Wild at Rite Aid this week (11/17-23/13). If you don't have a Rite Aid near you, Wet n Wild is on sale, Buy One Get One 1/2 Off, at Walgreens.
  • Buy One Get One 1/2 Off on Wet n Wild Gift Sets.
  • The store flyer mentioned a Wet n Wild coupon in Sunday's paper, but my paper was recycled before I got a chance to look at the coupons. How rude.

Here's what I picked up for myself:

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lipstick

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Polish 


Wet n Wild MegaLast Nail Polish 


In The Comments:
What's some drugstore makeup on your Wishlist?

12 comments:

  1. Oooh! I really want to try the new Revlon lippies, the colors you got look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's always coupons in the States! we never get coupons here and our drugstore prices are /so/ marked up considering we've been close to or at parity for a while now...arrrghh lol
    in other news, so glad you got to save some bucks and buy lovely things hahah
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No coupons!? What? That's not even fair.

      Delete
  3. I have that lipstick in cherry picking and love it! I want to find some of the new maybelline color tattoos.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! Now that you mention it... I do too!

      Delete
  4. The Wet n Wild nail polish in Wet Cement looks perfect for this time of year!!

    Kendra
    beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if I was gonna like it on me, but I'm glad I gave it a chance.

      Delete
  5. Nice haul. I have some of those WetnWild lipsticks in other colors and I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! Nice to hear you like them :)

      Delete
  6. Olá!!!, Deus seja contigo, tenha um final de semana abençoado,
    amiga amei o seu blog, post maravilhoso SUCESSO AMIGA.
    Blog: http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal de youtube: http://www.youtube.com/NekitaReis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.