Friday, November 29, 2013

Review: Nexxus Ultimate Moisture Shampoo, Conditioner, and Deep Conditioner



I happened to received a sample pack in the mail with three products from Nexxus. It included: 
  • Nexxus Therappe Luxurious Moisturizing Shampoo
  • Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner
  • Nexxus Humectress Hydrating Treatment Deep Conditioner
The Nexxus shampoo and conditioner is supposed to replenish and protect, leaving hair looking and feeling healthy. I decided to give it a try since my hair has been in dire need of moisture. After getting a few uses out of each sample, I thought I should share my opinion with you.


For reference:
I have fine, thin hair that tends to be a bit oily. However, right now it's a bit on the dry side since I've had the heat on all month.  





This shampoo is supposed to restore and maintain moisture needed to leave hair feeling soft. I think it would work well with most hair types, but especially for hair that's a bit dry. The shampoo retails for $9.99 for a 13.5 oz bottle at Ulta.
  •  Smells great- 
    • This shampoo reminds me of summer. It smells like suntan oil... which I obviously don't use, but I still really like the coconut scent. The scent stick around long after hair has dried.
  • Moisturizing- 
    • I know this may sound obvious because Moisturizing is in the name, but not all "moisturizing" shampoos really deliver- this one will.
  • Cleans completely- 
    • After I lather up my hair and rinse out the shampoo, I was left with hair that felt completely clean (without being dry). I didn't feel the need to re-wash as the first shampoo took care of all the excess oil.
  • Healthy looking hair- 
    • Once my hair dried, my hair looked healthy and shinny.




This ultra hydrating conditioner has moisturizing and smoothing elements. I think it would be great for adding hydration to dry ends or for tangle control. The conditioner retails for $15.99 for a 13.5 oz bottle at Ulta.
  • Smells great- 
    • The conditioner smells slightly different from the shampoo, but they're similar enough. This has a bit of a tangy scent, but still tropical.
  • Softens- 
    • My hair feels so silky. That's especially impressive considering how dry my hair has been this fall.
  • Added Shine- 
    • Like the shampoo, the conditioner left my ends looking really healthy and shiny.
  • Detangles- 
    • Post shower, I was able to effortlessly brush out any tangles. There was no need to use a leave-in detangling product.



The deep conditioning treatment is designed for weekly use. It claimed to not only leave hair hydrated, but it's also supposed to strengthen hair. Starting at the ends, I applied a small quarter sized amount to my hair and then ran the rest of the treatment over the remaining hair. I let it sit for 3-5 minutes before rinsing out. The treatment retails for $15.99 at Ulta.


  • Smells great- 
    • It smells like the conditioner (see above).
  • Detangles- 
    • Combing through wet my hair has never been easier.
  • Super silky- 
    • It left my hair incredibly silky and soft. I wouldn't recommend using this treatment (or really any deep conditioner) before an up-do 'cause hair would be way too silky to hold.
  • Cuts down on fly-a-ways- 
    • I end up with a lot of fly-a-ways due to new growth and layers in my cut, but I noticed that my hair looked much smoother after using the deep conditioner. 



Bottom line:
I'd recommend all three Nexxus products.
 
I normally use salon brand products, but I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of each of the three Nexxus products (mentioned above). I'm going to keep them in mind as future purchase, particularly the Deep Conditioner. It was a breeze brushing through my hair; that's worth $16 to me. 


In The Comments:
What's your favorite hydrating shampoo and/or conditioner?


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review. Can I find them in Melbourne?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought, when reading Melbourne was Melbourne Florida ... but I'm gonna guess you're talkin about Australia. I'm not sure if it's sold in stores, but I'm sure you can buy it online if you're interested. Also, check out their website nexxus.com to find store locations.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Nexxus products. I have not tried the other two products you reviewed, but do use the Nexxus Humectress Hydrating Treatment Deep Conditioner occasionally, and it does work very well. I have a huge selection of deep conditioning treatments to choose from that I rotate with, so I do not get to use this as much as I like (I know weird, but I treat all my beauty products fairly LOL) But every time I do, I do not regret it one bit.

    Nexxus has never really disappointed me with any of its products.

    Thanks for sharing gorgeous!

    Rica xx
    www.LaBellaVitax0x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I do the same thing. I rotate several deep conditioners at a time and still have some that aren't opened yet. I think I have a product problem :)

      Delete
  3. Great review! I haven't tried any Nexxus products, but after reading this review it is making me want to try them! Thanks Nikki!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline! Let me know if you do.

      Delete
  4. We've never heard of this brand before, but we'll definitely have t check it out. Anything that smells good we need to try!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it's sold in Australia, but you can always check it out online.

      Delete
  5. I use Nexxus Keraphix for my conditioning needs. A little goes a long way for me. I use it only occasionally when my hair feels dry (especially after certain shampoos). I've been using it for years and I live it--it's my fave conditioner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that. It's not even winter and my hair has already had it :)

      Delete
  6. great review !! i have never tried this :) would you like to follow each other dear :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't used Nexxus in forever - I may have to try it out. I really love the L'OReal ever pure range - its so great for my dry processed hair.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried the EverPure line but I use several of L'Oreal Professional products and love them all. I bet EverPure is great too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.