Friday, November 22, 2013

FOTD: Red Lips

 
Today, or rather tonight, I'm wearing a classic red lip paired with a simple eye look. I think this is a timeless look that's especially great for all the holiday festivities to come. Keep reading for all the details.

Face Of The Day:

The Products:


The Eyes:
I've kept my eye makeup fairly simple. I didn't want it to distract from the red lips... if that's possible.

  • I applied a light golden yellow over my entire eye lid and blended it up to my brow bone to act as a highlight. 
  • I lined my upper lash line with black eye liner. 
  • To create a softer look, I smudged the liner with a liner brush. 
  • Using the excess product that remained on the brush, I lined my lower lashes.
  • Lastly, I applied a coat of mascara.

On another note...



Hip Hip Hooray!
Fairest's Favorites is 1 year old today!

Before I started blogging, I had the challenging task of naming my new blog baby. I came up with several really great names-- all of which were taken. I was curious what some of these blogs were like, so I searched them. What I found was both frustrating and sad; every last one of them had been abandoned shortly after being created. Despite the enthusiasm of each blog's first post, it had been years since most of those first (and last) posts. I wanted to make sure that my little blog would have more than just one post. So, I kept it private until I had posted a few times-- you know just in case I forgot about. Well, obviously, I didn't forget...

A year ago today, I change Fairest's Favorites from a private blog to a public one. I can't believe I've have 162 posts to date. Even more unbelievable is that people actually read my blog! Seriously, when I started, I didn't know if anyone else would ever see my blog, let alone comment. However, I'm so happy to have readers (even if you're not followers hehe) and I love all of the wonderful comments and feedback that you all leave. It's a lot of fun to share in this common interest of all things beauty. I'm looking forward to continuing being a part of this lovely community with all of you. 

Much love and thanks so much for all your support... 
and for reading my blog! :)

12 comments:

  1. congrats on your anniversary! what a milestone!! hopefully more years to come :)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    (love the color of standout btw)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous look and congratulations on 1 year!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That red lip is perfect.

    Congrats on 1 year!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate!
      I love this lipstick/balm and the color is oh so perfect :)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 1 year!! I love the makeup, I might try to recreate it for Christmas because it's such a perfect holiday look. :)

    xo, Sarah
    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah!
      I think it would be really nice for the holidays.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your anniversary! Love this simple, yet classic makeup! The new revlon products look so appealing right now, especially Standout cause it looks so beautiful on your lips!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline! I haven't tried any of the other matte shades but Standout... well it's a standout :P I'd recommend it.

      Delete
  6. aww happy one year birthday to your blog nikki! <3 - gives cupcake - on the other note you look stunning with that red lipstick suits you very well that makes me wanna buy revlon now haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thanks Shayne! That's sweet of you to say. I highly recommend this balm/lipstick. It's a perfect red.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.