Friday, November 8, 2013

FOTD: Daytime Smokey Eye


I mentioned in my October Favorites that I'm currently loving bold lip shades. However, chapped lip season has officially started for me, and I'm in no condition to pull of a bold lip until I mix up some of my favorite DIY Lip Scurb. In the meantime, I'm wearing a beautiful creamy lipstick in a subtle, natural shade to pair with with a daytime smokey eye for some added oomph. Read more to see what I used and find out how I created my eye look.
 

The Products:



 Eye Makeup Application:
 
  • Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Taugh As Taupe over the eyelid and blend out at the crease/ brow bone.
  • Apply the warm, matte brown "Crease" shade (from Left side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette to the eyelid, crease and slightly up onto the brow bone.
  • Apply the blue gray "Crease" shade (from Right side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette along the upper lash line and to the outer half of the crease.
  • With a fluffy blending brush, blend the two shades together and blend the edges along the brow bone.
  • Apply the cream "Browbone" shade (from Left side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette under the brow for highlighting.
  • Smudge a small amount of the blue gray "Crease" shade under the outer half of the lower lashes.
  • Smudge a small amount of the warm, matte brown "Crease" shade under the center and inner corner of the lower lashes.
  • Now coat them lashes! I've used L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes because it adds volume... and who doesn't love that?




In The Comments:
Do you ever wear a smokey eye during the day?
Also, how do you disguise or cure your chapped lips? 
 

21 comments:

  1. Lovely subtle but still noticeably smokey eye. The blush is gorgeous is looks really pretty on you. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The blush was $1.80 or something like that and it's one of my all time favorites.

      Delete
  2. Love your eye makeup. I need to find that palette! I like elf's lip scrub to get rid of my flakey lips.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to purchase the ELF scrub in the past, but they didn't have it in stock at my Target. I will need to keep checking back- I'm glad to know you like it.

      Delete
  3. Love your look! The blue-grey colour makes a really gorgeous almost liner like look, lovely! absolutely swear by lush lip scrub followed by lip balm and no lipstick, or using a sheer, glossy colour like candy apple lip butter to

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I meant to add some colour while still being forgiving on worn out lips.

      Katydesu.blogspot.com

      Katy xx

      Delete
    2. :) I was able to fill in the blank. Tinted balms and lip butters are a great option!
      I like using shadow as liner on a day to day basis, it look so soft, but gives a little definition.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! All the colors in that palette look so gorgeous!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I don't have the Naked palette from UD, but it's supposed to be comparable to some of those shades.

      Delete
  5. this look is gorgeous! Wet and Wild already do quality shades but you're able to master them and make it even more stunning! x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Daphne that's so sweet of you to say! I think you've made my night :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Amelie! Glad you like it :)

      Delete
  7. Chapped lips are no fun. I try to use lip scrubs and lip balms regularly to avoid getting them in the first place... if you're too lazy to DIY it then I'd recommend e.l.f.'s lip exfoliator... it's in a twist-up tube so it's not messy at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your recommendation! I am going to keep looking for that in stores. It seems to be a favorite!

      Delete
  8. your eyes are super pretty nikki! wish i had emerald eyes like yours ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayne! I was reading your comment and thought, I wish I had emerald eyes too! Then looked at the picture again and realized they were really green that day. I have hazel eyes, but they can change based on my makeup, clothes or other more random factors.

      Delete
  9. I love Tough as Taupe, it's beautiful! :)
    AddictedtoOPI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It seems like a sorta scary color, but it looks really nice on.

      Delete
  10. Super-gorgeous natural smoky eye! It would work well with a bold lip too! Love it. I have the habit of going all-out on the eye-make up and having to keep the lip simple or going for such heavy lip and face make up that my eyes often miss out on any eye-shadow at all. With this look, there's no worry. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I do pair this eye look with a bold lip sometimes too.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.