Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Favorites


I just gotta say, I'm happy September is over. Every other month this year flew by for me, but for this one it seemed I was living in slow-motion. I am so looking forward to October!

My Monthly Favorites are going to bed a tad bit different; no makeup favorites- sorry. I was sick for the majority of the month (it was Sick September) and I rarely wore makeup. When I did, I reached for my past favorite products. In case you didn't know, so as not to be too repetitive, I only include products that I haven't mentioned in a previous Monthly Favorites.



Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser-
This is a new cleanser for me (that I hauled in my Skincare Haul) and... so far so good! I'm surprised by how gentle this cleanser actually is even though "Gentle" is in the name- but it really is. It leaves my skin feeling great- no weird residue on my skin and my face doesn't feel tight or dry after using it.

Aloe Vera Gel-
I'm still working on getting over my bad sunburn... from August- not even kidding. My burns were fairly deep and pealed several times already. The aloe vera gel has been helping soothe my skin during this painful time. 

Mary Kay Vanilla Lip Balm-
This lip balm is really moisturizing and makes my lips feel soft. I like using squeeze tube lip balms when I'm sick. I can squeeze out the amount I need without contaminating all of the product.  


OPI Embarca-Dare Ya!
I hauled this in my Nail Polish Haul and showed it in a NOTD (if you wanna see what it looks like). I've also been wearing this on my toes for most of the month. I love how shimmery and deep this color is.


Fashion:
JCrew Flats

JCrew Flats-
I love these suede flats. They're unbelievably comfortable and I love the color. Oh, and they keep my toes warm with the change of seasons. 


Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen
I was so wrapped up in this novel, a coming of age story that's thoughtful and a quick read. The main character, Auden, has just graduated from high school and will start college in the fall. Instead of spending her summer in her normal routine at her home, she decides to spend it with her dad, step-mom, and their new baby. As an insomniac, she spends her nights exploring the coastal town she's visiting. One night she meets another insomniac, Eli, and the two team up to pass that time together.


Show:

Orange Is The New Black-
This is a new Netflix original series about a woman who was sentenced to prison for a crime she committed a decade earlier. The show has frequent flashbacks that give the viewer a look into the main character and her fellow inmate's pasta before prison. I must warn you that this show isn't suitable for all audiences. I just finished the 1st season and I'm now looking forward to Season 2- whenever that may be. Let me know if you've seen the show and what you think. 


Snack:
Excuse my open, almost finished bag! 
 
Fit & Active Caramel Rice Snacks-
These are sold at Aldi and are the best rice cakes ever! They're similar to Quaker Brand, but are less expensive and, in my opinion, taste better. The caramel flavor is sweet and these bite size cakes are crunchy too. I can't stop snacking on them! In case you're interested in the calorie count... 7 mini cakes=60 calories. 

Share with me in the comments below what books, shows, or snacks have you been hooked on lately?

18 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to start Orange Is The New Black! It is from the creator of Weeds, my favorite show, so I have high hopes :)

    Charming Silence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never watched Weeds, but a lot of people seemed to really love it. I hope you like this show too!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. This is the first book of hers that I've read. I'd love to read another. Any recommendations?

      Delete
  3. Great favorites Nikki! I watched an episode of Orange is the New Black and I keep meaning to go back and finish the season! Also I love the flats-super cute!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first episode was really intense; I almost didn't watch the second episode

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Embarca-Dare Ya looks GORGEOUS. I think it would look great as an accent nail + beige polish :)

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would look great pared with a beige shade! Nice idea.

      Delete
  5. I really need to try Cetaphil - I have such dry skin, that most cleansers leave my skin feeling tight and horrible :( xx

    Gemma ♥ | Ɱiss Ɱakeup Ɱagpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's honestly one of the best items I've ever purchase for my face. I have oily/combo skin, but so many "gentle" cleansers strip my face and make things worse. I feel like I'm doing good by my skin with Cetaphil.

      Delete
  6. yup cetaphil is a defs go to for me everyday. have been using it for 4 years straight and my love affair with it continues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! 4 years... that's a serious commitment! Hopefully I wanna spend the next four years of my life using it too!

      Delete
  7. I love OPI - it's amazing, love this post - oxox

    http://ronnielodge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy to see that cetaphil works well on you too :) its probably the most gentle facial wash ive every had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely the most gentle cleanser I've ever used.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.