Monday, October 21, 2013

NOTD: Spooky Eyes - Halloween Nails


Halloween is less than two weeks away and I've decided that it's now time to start decorating... my nails, that is. Wearing festive Halloween nail art is a fun way to welcome Halloween, but I'm scared of spiders so I won't be including them, or their webs, on my nails. Instead, I've opted for a pair of spooky eyes that I think are adorable. Keep reading to get the details on this DIY nail art tutorial.

Supplies:
White Polish - Art Club Nail Art
Dotting Tool - Bobby Pin
Top Coat - Essie Good To Go


The Steps:

I'm a huge proponent of the base coat. You'll wanna make sure you include this step, especially when using dark colors. You'll wanna make sure you include this step. No Shortcuts! No one want's to end up with stained nails.

I applied two thin coats of Wet n' Wild Wild Shine polish in Black Creme. Once my nails were dry I was ready to add a pair of spooky eyes to my ring finger nails.





Now for the Spooky Eyes...

I used the end of a bobby pin (because I don't have a real dotting tool) to place two white dots onto both of my ring finger nails . These serve as the eye balls.

The placement is up to you, but remember, they're supposed to be eyes so you'll want to keep them around the same general area. Also, you can switch up the colors if you'd like. I think yellow, green, or red could look cool.  

I let the white eyeballs/dots dry and then...


Using the end of the bobby pin, I dotted on two smaller black dots on top of the white dots. These will act as the pupil and again, placement is up to you. 

You can place the black dots dead center, off to one side, going in different directions, at the top, or at the bottom of the white dots. Whatever your heart desires will work.


Once your black pupils/dots have dried, apply a clear top coat and... you're done!


So simple, but festive.

In The Comments:
Let me know what nail art ideas you've created or will create for Halloween.


18 comments:

  1. Sooo fun and cute, love it :o) I think I would give mine different color eyes too. Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that could look really cool, Charlotte.

      Delete
  2. Love this! I prefer the more simple and subtle nail designs :)

    Ivy xx
    Style Life Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's not super noticeable which makes it more special. Other people haven't noticed it right away, but when they do it's made them laugh.

      Delete
  3. Loved this. So cute for Halloween!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it Katie. I hope you try it out.

      Delete
  4. I'm usually not one for nail art, but this is ridiculously cute and festive for Halloween!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! I'm so glad you liked these cute little spooky eyes though!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Amelie! It only take a little effort for a big payoff of cuteness.

      Delete
  6. This is SO cute! I just had a dark nail color on and I wish I had done this before I took it off, so fun for this week!

    sundaysgrace.blogspot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.