Monday, October 7, 2013

NOTD: Peace & Love & OPI




Last night I painted my nails with OPI Peace & Love & OPI. It's a gray metallic with purple and green duo chrome. I thought the application was wonderful and I'm crazy about the end result. 

There are a few look-a-like polishes out there so if you want a similar look, but can't get your hands on OPI Peace & Love & OPI, there's hope! Essie For The Twill Of It is an exact dupe whereas Essence Where Is The Party? and Zoya Ki are similar to Peace & Love & OPI, but they're not identical. Let me know in the comments if you've seen any other similar polish(es). 


If you read my last post, 10 Beauty Things I Suck At, you know that I tend to mess up my nails in the drying stage... except this time! Way to prove myself wrong. Peace & Love & OPI dried really quickly so there was no time for me to mess up my nails. Gotta love fool proof polish.



I started my manicure with a clear base coat. I used Sally Hansen Double Duty


I then applied two thin, fast drying coats of OPI Peace & Love & OPI. While this polish has a lot of fine shimmer, it didn't dry to a glossy finish like many other OPI polishes do. 


To achieve that glossy finish and to protect my polish, I applied Essie Good To Go Top Coat. 

Artificial Lighting vs. Day Light


Daylight

While this shade is out of the norm for me, I'm really loving this gorgeous duo chrome. The only downside I can find is that it's highly distracting; I can't stop admiring my nails and shifting them around in the light.


Have you tried OPI Peace & Love & OPI or have you found a similar polish? 
I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.


12 comments:

  1. This polish looks amazing! Love how it looks different depending on the light.

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful autumn colour. I love that it has all those dimensions depending on the light.

    xo.Janiecy.xo | A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a neat polish and the pictures don't even capture it fully.

      Delete
  3. I have it and found it a winner, too! I wore it to the Eagles game a couple weeks ago and the greenish-silver cast in some lights was festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Mine have been looking green most of the day with little hints of silver. I'm sure surrounded by a sea of Eagles jerseys it really picks up that shade.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty color! Love the duo chrome.

    Charming Silence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get my hands on another duo chrome polish.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too, it looks so great and all the colors work well together.

      Delete
  6. OMG this color is simply GORGEOUS! I hate to buy OPI polishes because I never finish them up and it's a huge price tag for a nail polish, but you're pushing me to buy this one as I love a good holographic nail polish! x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be expensive, but this one is available in a mini version with 3 other colors from the Fall Collection. I can't remember the exact price, but it's 4 mini polishes in the set.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.