Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Your Value


Last night I got sucked into the black hole that is Pinterest. I love the site and now, after just downloading the Pinterest App to my phone, I think I'll be pinning more than ever before. You can check out my pins and boards at pinterest.com/fairestsfaves... and feel free to follow me :)

During yesterdays pinning session, I came across lots of great quotes. I'm currently looking for words of inspiration/quotes that I can add to a real life, personal inspiration board. I know, it seems a little hard to believe that people still make them, but I want to have something motivational that I'll see several times a day. 

I'd like to share one quote in particular with you:



"Your value doesn't decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth."


I think it's easy for us to base our own self worth on other people's opinions. It's important for us (as women or young girls in particular) to remember that we each have something that we contribute, whether it's great or small, and it shouldn't be devalued by someone else. We also need to remember to respect and love ourselves because our own opinion of ourselves is the one that matters most. People may try to make you believe you're less than you are, but don't buy into it.


In the comments:
I'd love it if you'd share with me some of your favorite quotes or, if you're on Pinterest, you can share with me the link to your pinned quotes. Maybe they'll be added to my board :)


14 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this quote! It's so difficult to not let people's opinions get to you, I try my hardest to brush it off but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Pinterest is always a black hole that I can easily see myself sucked into! My motivational board is here: http://www.pinterest.com/asianhomie101/words-of-wisdom-and-motivation/ ... Haven't updated it inawhile but I can easily see myself doing so and going on a rampage... ^_^

    <3 ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to let other peoples opinions (good or bad) influence how you feel about yourself, but it can be done. Sometimes it just takes stopping for a second to realize that what they think doesn't matter in the big picture.

      I've been loving your quote board lately! I'm so glad you went on that rampage :)

      Delete
  2. "If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will." (attributed to Abraham Lincoln) I came across this quote in Pollyanna, one of my favorite-ever Disney flicks and have always enjoyed it.

    I have also recently (due to life developments) come to enjoy: "It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life story develops." (attributed to Dieter Uchtdorf)

    and

    "A mind that is stretched by new experience can never go back to its old dimension." (Attributed to Oliver Wendall Holmes)

    I've recently read an article, though, that explains that most quotes attributed to famous people were actually not said by those people or were misquoted in the first place (taken out of context, for example). It was interesting, but not surprising. You can find that article here if you care to read it: http://www.insidehighered.com/views/2011/04/08/robbins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Pollyanna! I'll have to watch it sometime, I really like that quote though because it's so true. How we look at things determines what we see. Just like if you look for the good in something you are bound to find at least one good thing.

      I also like your other quotes too:
      Adversity quote-- I have to remind myself of this from time to time.
      Growth/ new experience quote-- It's making me think of the kettle corn popcorn I'm eating (haha, seriously though) It's amazing popcorn and part of me wishes I never tasted it, but I did and now there's no way I can go back to thinking 'eh... kettle corn is just okay'.

      I can believe that most quotes are misquotes. Seriously, how many people just have extremely profound and well worded thoughts rolling off their tongue regularly? Thanks for linking the article though... when I started reading that part I was thinking I'll have to google this so you saved me a search. :)

      Delete
  3. Love the quote!!! There is a lot of truth in that!!!

    http://welldressed25.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. heya!
    I have nominated you for an award over at my blog
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really tried to get into Pinterest but I just couldn't... everyone is obsessed with it and I just don't understand why!! I love the quote at the top of your post, it's great. :)

    xo, Sarah

    Hustla, baby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the quote!

      Pinterest isn't for everyone but I've been using it for around 2 year now and I was hooked on it from the star. It's sorta like a magazine that has all of my interests included (beauty, fashion, food, crafts). Everything is all on one spot for easy browsing and when I see something I like I can click on it and find out more info.

      Delete
  6. Love this saying...so true!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com
    youtube.com/beautybykendrac

    ReplyDelete
  7. there's a zen wisdom app i use thats' full of great quotes you should check it out
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.