Friday, October 18, 2013

FOTD: Nude Eyes, Bold Lips


Today felt like a bold lip sort of day... I've paired a nude eye look with a bright pop of color on my lips. If you're interested in hearing more about the products I used and how I created my neutral eye then keep reading!  


 Face Of The Day 

The Products:
You may have noticed that I didn't mention a blush. I always wear blush... except when I forget it, like I did today- oops! Good thing my lips are so lively; it doesn't really matter much :)
 


Eye Makeup Application:

  • Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze over eye lid and blend out at the crease. 
  • Apply shimmery bronze "Eyelid" shade (from Left side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette to the lid. 
  • Apply taupe brown "Eyelid" shade (from Right side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette in the crease.
  • Apply the blue gray "Crease" shade (from Right side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette to the outer corner (outer "V") of the eye.
  • With a fluffy blending brush, blend out all the shades. 
  • Apply the cream "Browbone" shade (from Left side) of Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening Palette under the brow for highlighting.
  • Line upper lash line with Amethyst eye liner from Wet n' Wild.
  • Top liner with the blue gray "Crease" shade (mentioned previously).
  • Smudge a small amount of taupe brown "Eyelid" shade (mentioned previously) under the outer half of the lower lashes.
  • Line lower waterline with Nude liner from Rimmel for to brighten the eyes.
  • To complete the look, add a coat of voluminous mascara to lashes. 


In the comments:
Are you a fan of bold lips? 
What's your current favorite lip color?


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous look and the Apocalips looks great on you! I wish I could carry of vibrant red like that :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I think part of the trick to reds is finding the right shade for you sometimes I buy a red that I love in the packaging and then it doesn't quite work out for me.

      Delete
  2. You look so beautiful! I would kill for thick eyelashes like that!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha-- just need a voluminous mascara. My lashes look non existent without it.

      Delete
  3. you look beautiful with those red lips! :D perfect for fall! xxx

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your makeup! Red lips look amazing on you!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those lips. that's def the stand out product here!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look Nikki! Apocaliptic looks fantastic on you :D
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.