Friday, October 4, 2013

10 Beauty Things I Suck At


I was tagged by Amelie from All Things Glitter and Beauty to do the Beauty Things I Suck At tag. I took it a step further and came up with 10 things that I suck at... because it wasn't hard to think of beauty things that I, basically, fail at. 



Beauty Things I Suck At:

Contouring:
I have a full, round face so the idea of contouring is appealing. However, whenever I contour it changes my face too much. I guess I go overboard because I end up not looking like myself. My goal isn't to create a look that's unrecognizable, so I'm going to keep trying to get it right. If you have any tips, please let me know.  :)

Applying Lipstick:
I start out fine, but in the home stretch I wobble out of line. It's not a big deal when I'm wearing lighter, more subtle shades, but I also like my bold lip colors. It's really noticeable with reds and I almost always have to follow up with a concealer to mask my mistakes. 

Tight Lining:
I love how full and thick my lashes look when I do it right, but I skip this step 99% of the time. It isn't just a matter of sucking at it, but it's dangerous for me to attempt. I tend to poke my eyeballs and then they water like crazy. Not a cute look.

Curling Lashes:
I have a heated lash curler from Blinc that I love it... when I use it. The batteries are currently dead and have been for over a year. It's a simple matter of changing them so my lashes are able to live up to their full potential, but I haven't done it. So, I not only suck at actually taking the time to curl my lashes, I can't even manage to remember to pick up new batteries.

False Lashes:
Seriously, I'm in awe when I see people wearing (or putting on) false lashes. How do they do it? First of all, getting them close to the lash line... not happening. I can forget about them to staying on, especially when they're glued to the middle of my eye lid. There's also the matter of them feeling foreign and strange; I can't help but play around with them.

Cleaning My Makeup Brushes:
It's a chore. I hate to do it and, therefore, I don't do it as often as I should. This is something I'll be working on improving... really... starting next week.

Using Eye Cream:
I forget this step all the time. I know I'm only hurting myself, or rather my future self, but I just don't see a marked difference when I use it. My main issue (right now) is dark circles and they don't seem to diminish with eye cream. I'd love to hear; what's your favorite Eye Cream?

Curling My Hair:
Although I have naturally curly hair, the curls created by a heating tool look different than my air dried curls. Unfortunately for me, I'm not very good at curling my hair. I know how to do it, but my hair rarely holds the curl made by a curling iron. I don't get it, but it's the way things are. I rarely style my hair; I get so frustrated because it does whatever it wants to anyway. 

Shaving My Legs:
I always, without fail, miss a spot and frequently nick myself. It's a mess. Don't even get me started on razor burn... You'd think after all these years I'd have it down, but I don't.

Polishing My Nails:
I'm not too bad at the actual painting process; I'm good about staying in the lines (for the most part). I suck at getting them to the "dry" stage without smudging and damaging my work. The second I'm finished polishing my nails, I feel the overwhelming need to clean up stuff around my room. It's nothing important, it could wait, but I don't. Instead I end up with smudges and scraped polish that I need to redo. When will I learn?

 
I tag everyone to do the Beauty Things I Suck At Tag. Don't worry about coming up with 10 things, I'm just an over achiever... or under achiever... however you wanna look at it.  :)

A few specific people I'm tagging:
 

I'd love to hear what beauty things you suck at. 
Please share them with me in the comments below.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Thanks again for tagging me :)

      Delete
  2. I suck at shaving my legs too! I can never get my knees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knees are a trouble spot for me too!

      Delete
  3. I wish I could master a false eyelash! Maybe one day...

    Charming Silence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, that's what I say too; Maybe one day...

      Delete
  4. this is actually a nice conversational tag. can't wait to put mine up! thanks for the mention :)
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I'm looking forward to reading yours.

      Delete
  5. Hahaha this was fab - I'm the same with contouring, I'm just rubbish :D xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me feel so much better to hear that I'm not alone :)

      Delete
  6. THIS IS FUN :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, hope you do it too!

      Delete
  7. hahaha i loved reading this!
    http://urbanbeautyblush.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I suck at getting them to the "dry" stage without smudging and damaging my work. --- happens to me all the time. i would try to clean up carefully slowly but then bam somehow one of the nails hit something and i have to redo it again lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so careful and then, out of nowhere, I get a smudge or scratch. I'm glad I'm not the only one that tries to clean up immediately after painting.

      Delete
  9. Thanks for thinking of including me in this tag Nikki! This was a great post! My recommendation for an eye cream is the Extra Eye Repair Cream by Bobbi Brown. It has really helped with my under eye- which is one of my biggest issues! Thanks to my everlasting insomnia :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation Kendra! I'll have to check out the Bobby Brown cream.

      Delete
  10. Aww I'm flattered that you tagged me! I will get around to this tag soon, I promise. I'm also really bad at false lashes, eye cream, and washing my make up brushes!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for tagging me! I've been on a blogging rut lately so this would be a good post to do to get back! :)
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Glad this tag will help you out :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.