Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner Pencil


Wet n' Wild is has become a favorite drugstore brand of mine. The products are affordable and impressive- Today I'd like to share with you the Color Icon Brow and Eye Liner Pencils and why I love them. These liners are not only inexpensive (retailing for .99 cents), but Wet n' Wild has not skimped on quality or quantity. 


The Wet n' Wild Color Icon liner pencils currently come in 15 highly pigmented shades (I currently have 3). They're creamy and glide on smoothly so there's no tugging at your eye lids. With a product size of 0.04 oz and such a great quality liner, these liner pencils are not only a bargain, but they are a great buy... period!


Wet n' Wild Color Icon Liners: Black Black, Mink Brown, and Amethyst

I like that I can easily create a smudgy liner look without much effort by blending the liner out with my finger or a liner brush. By smudging the liner out, it creates a softer look that still defines the eyes. These are also great for creating a smokey eye.

If you have oily lids I must warn, because this liner is so soft it may slide and smudge on you. I don't have overly oily lids, so I haven't had any issues with unwanted smudging, but I have a tip for those of you that do:


My Tip
Top your liner with a powder eye shadow to help lock the liner in place and ensure longevity.


These liners are marked as a multipurpose item that can be used to line your eyes and/or fill in your brows. While you may not reach for the Sky Blue liner to fill in your brows, shades like Taupe and Mink Brown are great options. Mink Brown is a great shade for darker brows and isn't overly red (as some browns can be). I haven't tried Taupe, but it seems to be a favorite among those with lighter and medium color brows. 

I'd recommend using a light hand since the liners are so pigmented and somewhat soft. Short strokes can create a naturally full effect. This pencil also helps to keep the brows in check, depositing a bit of wax to them that tames. Using a brow comb or spooly brush will perfect the look.



Wet n' Wild is a cruelty free company; they don't test on animals :)


Have you tried these eye/brow liners? 
I'd love if you'd share you're thoughts in the comments.

12 comments:

  1. I nominated you for a Liebster see my post for details http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I will check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried these Nikki! I might have to now! I wouldn't think to look to Wet n Wild for eyeliner! Hmmm....

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first purchased Amethyst because I was looking for a purple and it was the only one in the drugstore and I was so impressed. When I needed a new black liner, I knew what I was gonna pick up!

      Delete
  3. Haven't tried these eyeliners Nikki, but will be looking forward to trying them now that you have reviewed them! Just an FYI, you have convinced me to try the Wet n Wild nail polishes, which is amazing!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so glad you like the polishes!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like your way of bloggin! Followed you, hope you'll do the same so we can keep in touch.

    xx. KL

    Weapons of Mass Seduction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Keshia! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. don't know why but my eyelids have become oily when they never have been. i guess that means, these are a pass for me ;(
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you say that because I remember my eye lids being more oily before and now they just seem normal. Go figure!

      Delete
  7. don't know why but my eyelids have become oily when they never have been. i guess that means, these are a pass for me ;(
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.