Monday, September 30, 2013

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blush


You'll have to forgive me; my reviews have been Wet n' Wild heavy lately, but what can I say? I love their products. Today I'm reviewing and swatching Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink, a warm, medium pink with fine gold shimmer.


Wet n' Wild's permanent line includes 4 Color Icon Blushes: Pearlescent Pink, Heather Silk, Berry Shimmer, and Mellow Wine. These are marketed as blendable blushes with long lasting, radiant color. 


This warm pink shade creates the illusion of a natural, healthy flush. While there's gold shimmer, it's super fine and subtle, producing a beautiful, radiant glow. I think this is a shade that would complement most skin colors and tones.

This long wearing blush is blendable, but also extremely pigmented. If you're heavy handed, it's easy to apply too much color. 

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blushes are dermatologist-tested. I need to make note that the blushes contain Talc and Mineral Oil, so if you're sensitive to either, you may want to avoid these... sorry :(
Pearlescent Pink is repeatedly being compared to high end blushes. It's considered a dupe or near dupe for both NARS Orgasm Blush and NARS Deep Throat Blush. I've seen plenty of swatches and I think it's very similar to both, but at a fraction of the price. NARS blush retails for $29 compared to Wet n' Wild at only $2.99.

See past FOTD posts where I used Pearlescent Pink: 

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink became an instant favorite of mine after the first swipe of my blush brush. I feel the shade is a natural looking and complements my skin tone. I especially love the subtle glow it gives me without it looking like I have glitter smeared all over my face. I'm looking forward to trying another blush from the collection; maybe my next purchase will be Heather Silk.


Have you tried any Color Icon Blushes? In the comments, let me know which is your favorite or which one you'd like to try.  
 

22 comments:

  1. I haven't tried their blushes, but I just bought 2 shadow packs-- the Icon Collection in Petal Pusher (a collection of purples) and the Cool as a Cucumber trio (I realized recently I didn't have any green shades for my eyes and that void was solidified when I read your recent Pink and Emerald post). I've tried them both and am a big fan.

    Also-- "Orgasm" and "Deep Throat" as color names? What's this NARS company's deal? Can I buy some "Erection" lipstick, I wonder? I'll need to go check it out... haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, you made me laugh out loud. I'm not a fan of their names...
      I'm glad you're liking your new shadows!

      Delete
  2. The Wet n' Wild Color Icon blushes are my favorite blushes! I have Heather Silk and love it. A little goes a long way and it really does last all day. I wish Wet n' Wild would come out with more colors.

    Charming Silence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like Heather Silk! I'm with you Jen, I think more shades would be great.

      Delete
  3. This colour is so pretty!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so pretty! x

    actuallyash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so! The other shades are really pretty too :)

      Delete
  5. I have to try this out xx Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This colour is so nice!
    http://my-fashionobsession.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just want to let you know that I tagged you to do the beauty things I suck at tag! I hope you do it :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amelie! I'll check out your post now :)

      Delete
  8. i absolutley love this product. no joke i was dreaming about using it all of sunday last week and finally worked it once use this week lol. i keep forgetting i have it but i spent last weekend depotting a whole bunch of blushes into a palette so hopefully i won't forget about this one again!
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You sound like me; I have dreams about makeup too. I just saw your post about depotting and loved it!

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely colour xxx

    http://www.rosiebernice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this blush. The gold shimmer in the blush makes it even more beautiful in the pan, and I just really love this colour on the cheeks! I definitely want to pick up more Wet N Wild blushes, since they're so cheap!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a shame we can't get Wet & Wild in the UK. I love their blushes, I really want to try some of them .
    Kookii || The Beauty Diary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's such a bummer. I feel guilty mentioning their products so much.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.