Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Skincare Haul


I've been looking to test new products to try to find the right ones for my acne prone skin. I've picked up a few essentials as I search for the perfect skincare routine that will work for me. Keep reading to see what I'll be trying on my mission for clear skin.



Skincare Haul

Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser-
I've tried so many drugstore cleansers, but never this one. I was discouraged from trying it (by several friends). After years of skipping over it at the store, I'm going to decide for myself. The idea of a gentle cleanser really drew me in so we'll see how it goes. 

Kiehl's Supremely Gental Eye Makeup Remover
This claims to be a really gentle, cream eye makeup remover. If you wipe it off (instead of washing it off) it's supposed to have a moisturizing effect as well as antioxidants, which can benefit the sensitive skin around the eyes. I'm intrigued. This product was sent to me by L'Oreal.


Rite Aid Fragrance Free Baby Wipes-
These are great for cleaning makeup from my fingers when I'm applying my makeup (at my vanity). More importantly, they'll be useful on that occasional night that I wanna cheat at removing my makeup. Since it's a sensitive formula, I don't have to worry about it irritating my skin.


Neutrogena Stress Control 3 in 1 Acne Treatment-
I had to get my hands on this salicylic acid acne treatment after reading so many great reviews about about it. It's supposed to treat and prevent acne while also hydrating the skin and reducing redness. Sounds great right? It wasn't available in stores so I took to the internet and purchased this from an individual seller on Amazon. It wasn't my best buying experience- long processing time plus a ridiculously long shipping time. Although the box didn't fair so well, I got lucky that the actual 2 FL OZ tube of product was just fine. As an online seller, it frustrates me when people drop the ball with timely processing and shipping. Moving on...


Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Daily Moisture Lotion-
This was sent to me by L'Oreal and just in time; I'm getting low on my current moisturizer- Olay Complete UV Moisturizer Sensitive Skin. I've been using Olay Moisturizer for years so I'm excited to try out something new. I already use, and like, Garnier eye cream- I have a good feeling about this one too.

L'Oreal Sublime Sun Sunscreen SPF 30-
This is an actual sunscreen- not just a face lotion with SPF- cause sometimes you just need a good sunscreen. It's a lightweight, broad spectrum SPF that can be worn on the face, neck and chest without having to worry about feeling greasy, looking oily, or breaking out. 


Rite Aid Baby Shampoo in Lavender
I purchased a new bottle of baby shampoo for washing my makeup brushes. It's one of my least favorite chores, but an important part of skincare that you don't want to neglect. I purchased the lavender scent- maybe it'll make the brush washing process more enjoyable and relaxing... a girl can dream.



What are some of your favorite skin care products? Any that you'd highly recommend or that you're eager to try?


13 comments:

  1. The Kiehl's Eye Makeup Remover would be a product that I'd also love to try. Great post!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm really liking it. No eye irritation and it removes all my eye makeup.

      Delete
  2. How often should one wash one's makeup brushes? I do it very rarely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question! It depends on how often you use them and, I also think, how/where they're stored. If they are stored in the bathroom they are bound to get more bacteria on them (even when not in use) and if they are in a high dust zone, that can also be an issue.

      General rule of thumb is anywhere between once a week (with daily use) to once a month (with occasional use).

      I don't do it as often as I should, but I'm going to set a goal for every other week and maybe work my way to once a week.

      Delete
  3. I'd love to know your thoughts on the garnier moisturizer and I wasn't to impressed with the cetaphil cleanser I just didn't feel like it did much, hopefully you'll have better luck! xo

    Leah Hug, Kiss, Makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to let you know what I think Leah. So far the cleanser seems to be working out nicely and hasn't irritated my skin (which happens with everything else).

      Delete
  4. ive been using the cetaphil for ages now. it just does the job and hasn't left my skin in ruins. sometimes i feel like i need something more heavy duty so i switch out every few days for a foaming cleanser but honestly there's a reason why this stuff has been around for so long.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started using Cetaphil and I really like it- and so does my face! Glad to hear it works for you too Jenn. I'll have to wait and see if I need to add another cleanser into the mix later on, but thanks for sharing your routine.

      Delete
  5. ive been using the cetaphil for ages now. it just does the job and hasn't left my skin in ruins. sometimes i feel like i need something more heavy duty so i switch out every few days for a foaming cleanser but honestly there's a reason why this stuff has been around for so long.
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for in my shower! It works great and leaves the skin feeling soft!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call Kendra! I've been using it in the shower too (in addition to at the sink). In the shower it leaves my skin feeling much softer... maybe it has something to do with the water temp combined with the cleanser.

      Delete
  7. I love the Cetaphil Cleanser its amazing! Perfect for when your in the shower :D you should try the Boots Toner I just did a review on it on my blog you should check it out! :D it would be perfect for you :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it works for you! I'll be sure to check out your review, thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.