Friday, September 6, 2013

NOTD: OPI Embarca-Dare Ya!


I was eager to try another new polish from my recent Nail Polish Haul. This past week I've been wearing Wet n' Wild polish in Blazed (seen in this NOTD) which felt very summery to me. Today however, I've opted for a Fall shade from OPI's new San Francisco Collection


If you're familiar with my NOTD, you know I like starting out with a base coat. I'm using Sally Hansen Double Duty to prevent staining. I think this is an important step with (almost) every polish, but especially with darker shades like Fall trend colors.



I've applied two coats of OPI Embarca-Dare Ya! I think one coat would suffice, but to ensure super duper opacity, I went with two. 

OPI Embarca-Dare Ya! is one of those shades that transforms depending on the lighting. In day light, it comes across as a dimensional, shimmery fuchsia. Then in certain artificial lighting it comes across as a deep, shimmery cranberry shade. In the bottle, there is a ton of gold shimmer, but it's more subtle when on the nail. 

Either way, I'm loving this shade! I foresee myself using it a lot this coming Fall and Winter. 



To finish everything off, I used Essie Good To Go top coat.
  

Are you ready for Fall or clinging to Summer? 
Let me know in the comments what Fall polish trends you're most interested in. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks nice. I am looking for really nice deep dark red Opi shadow wit shimmer..like red wine with shimmer, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you said that you were looking for a dark, shimmery red from OPI, but have you looked swatches of Burgundy Frost by Wet n' Wild Wild Shine or Red-y & Willing by China Glaze? Both are a beautiful red with lots of shimmer.

      Delete
  2. Lovely. I think I'm going to get the mini-sampler of the San Francisco collection. I love those little ones, and I never finish a whole bottle of polish. Like, never in my entire life. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's tough to complete one before they start to get -- ehh. The little ones are great though. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the collection.

      Delete
  3. OPI has the most beautiful polishes and the shade is beautiful :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! They have gorgeous colors!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.