Friday, September 20, 2013

FOTD: Pink and Emerald


I'm getting a little bit of a jump on fall today with my eye makeup. I've used Emerald, one of my favorite colors of the season (and the Color of the Year), to change up a basic look. If you missed it, you can check out last weeks post reviewing the Pantone 2013 Fall Color Report.

If you wanna find out what I've used today... keep reading :)



Face Of The Day: 
The Products


Eye Makeup Application:
It could be my imagination, but I think this eye look makes my hazel eyes appear more green. Pink shadows can draw out the color and vibrancy of many eye colors, especially with green, hazel, and brown eyes. Along with using a blue/green liner it's sure to look particularly amazing with brown eyes. Try it out to see how it works for you.

  • Apply Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink over eye lid and blend out at the crease. 
  • Apply Gray shade from CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Quad (second from Right) to the inner corner of the eye and blend to the middle of the lid. 
  • Apply Pink "Eyelid" shadow from Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio from the outer corner of the lid into the center. 
  • Blend where they Gray and Pink meet.
  • Apply the Brown "Crease" shade to the crease.
  • Blend the Brown shade into the Pink
  • Line upper lash line and outer corner of lower lash line (1/4 of the way in) with Emerald eye liner.
  • Smudge out liner with a liner brush. 
  • Add a touch of Brown "Crease" shadow to the outer corner (top and bottom) of the lash line to deepen it up a little.
  • Mascara time!



If you're looking for another green shadow look, check out this FOTD with Eye Makeup Application steps. 


What fall makeup looks are you most eager to rock this season? 



9 comments:

  1. Very pretty, this makes me wanna do something similar to this soon! I'm obsessed with emerald right now.

    Leah @ Hug, Kiss, Makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to share a picture on you're IG if you do! I love you're IG pictures :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous. It looks so natural too :) Random thought, but you really remind me of Lucy Hale! xo Kelly chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Kelly! You just put a smile on my face :) So glad you like the look!

      Delete
  3. what a lovely look! you're right, using inked in pink does amplify any pink eyeshadow i use after
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta hand it to Maybelline Color Tattoos- They really kick things up a notch!

      Delete
  4. what a lovely look! you're right, using inked in pink does amplify any pink eyeshadow i use after
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty Nikki! I am so excited that emerald green is on trend right now!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Kendra! I love green, even more so when it's a jewel tone.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.