Monday, September 2, 2013

August Favorites


Summer is drawing to a close and another month has come and gone. You know what that means... Monthly Favorites! This month I've been using a lot of items mentioned in previous Monthly Favorites, but I do have a couple new favorites that I had packed away in my travel makeup bag, shown here in my What's In My Makeup Bag? post.



Makeup:

CoverGirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Ivory-
This foundation wears well on my skin and lasts all day long. I don't have to worry about setting this foundation with powder (even on the hottest days). 

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet as Candy-
I've worn this trio so much over the last month- I just love the pink. The brown shadow adds nice depth as well as a little warmth to my eyes. Love it :)

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eye Liner in Mink Brown-
I've been into using eye liner lately, but wanted something less drastic than a traditional black liner. I like how this liner/shade defines my eyes and looks fairly natural. I also like how easy this liner applies and that I can smudge/smoke it out for a soft look.


Polish:

Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Lady Luck-
I was so impressed by this polish (that cost less than a dollar). I posted a NOTD earlier in August that you can check out to see the color. This polish lasted for 6 days on my nails before it started to wear a bit at the tips of my finger nails. Since I loved it so much, I had to pick up more from the Wet n' Wild brand (shown in my Nail Polish & Product Haul).


Fragrance:
Rue21 Perfume Twentyone Black

Rue21 Perfume Twentyone Black-
This smells so delicious; it's a pretty blend of coconut, pineapple, and orange blossoms (among other scents). I've loved wearing it during the summer and received lots of complements on it in August. 




Place:

The Beach!-
I had such a wonderful time at the beach with my mom this month. We were fortunate to have the opportunity to get away for a little bit and we couldn't have asked for better weather. I didn't want to leave. 



I just realized that 3 of the 5 products mentioned this month Favorites were from Wet n' Wild; guess they're doing something right!


What were your favorites during August?
Leave me a comment letting me know what you've been loving or link your Favorites post!

Hope you're having a great Labor Day weekend!




17 comments:

  1. I know you read my posts so you KNOW I've been loving the covergirl 3 in 1 it's a god sent foundation! Haha I will have to smell that perfume next time I'm around a Rue 21 bc it sounds like its right up my alley! Great post as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't expecting the CoverGirl foundation to be that great, but tried it because it had so many great reviews. I'm so glad I did! The perfume smells Oh-so-good, too bad Rue21's are few and far between because I think I paid less than $10 for the perfume. Hope you can get your hands on it Leah!

      Delete
  2. The BEACH looks absolutely amazing! I really want to try the Covergirl foundation! Sounds like you had a pretty good August! I hope September goes well for you! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida has beautiful beaches :)
      I was hesitant about trying the CoverGirl foundation, but after so many rave reviews I had to try it for myself and it really is impressive.
      I hope you have a great September too, Daphne!

      Delete
  3. ok lets just give a shoutout to wetnwild for the trios. i know some people find them chalky but i honestly think they're good value for money
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard people say they are chalky, but I just don't get it. Mine are smooth- almost creamy. You're spot on though Jenn, they are such a great value.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow loving the beach too! I was there this weekend but sadly it rained horribly for most of our time :( I'm glad I'm not the only one who the wet n wild labels wear off on haha. That eyeshadow trio is lovely too, I'll have to keep it in mind :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer! It started to rain when I was leaving- which made it a little easier to leave.
      I'm so glad that I'm not the only one too! I hold polish bottles when painting my nails (so I don't knock it over) and so it must have worn off from excess handling.

      Delete
  5. Lovely favorites, red polish is always nice!

    xoxo, Aman | coffee chic twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to try the covergirl 3 in 1 foundation for many months now and I've heard mixed review on it :D I'm glad you like it, I might have to try it now :D

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say take the plunge! I was iffy about it at first, but am so glad I gave it a try.

      Delete
  7. Yay glad you liked the Covergirl Foundation :D It's still my holy grail, even after trying Revlon Colorstay! I actually just recently purchased the Sweet as Candy Palette from Wet n Wild :D Heard you and rxbeautychic talk about it so I figured I'd picked it up ;) Also picked up some Wet n Wild Nail Polish thanks to you :B Great post!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're review was what sold me! I have always liked Colorstay, but I have to say this foundation might just be edging it out. I will have to use it for a longer period to know for sure.
      I hope you like your new trio and I'm glad you like your polish!

      Delete
  8. Yay glad you liked the Covergirl Foundation :D It's still my holy grail, even after trying Revlon Colorstay! I actually just recently purchased the Sweet as Candy Palette from Wet n Wild :D Heard you and rxbeautychic talk about it so I figured I'd picked it up ;) Also picked up some Wet n Wild Nail Polish thanks to you :B Great post!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for following my blog and I'm following you back now! :)

    I've also been loving the Covergirl Foundation. I picked it up while I was in the US because I can't get any Covergirl products here in Germany :( I hope it will last me a while.

    http://allthingsglitterandbeauty.blogspot.de/



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had no idea Germany didn't carry CoverGirl, but I guess it sorta makes sense cause they don't have it in England either.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.