Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag?


As mentioned in my last post (Monday's NOTD), I'm out of town with my mom. We're spending a week in my hometown and then we'll be at the beach for a few days. I wanted to have enough makeup that I'd be able to do an everyday look and also provide myself with some day to day variation.

So, what's in my makeup bag?










  • ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium- I like to fill in my brows even with the most basic of makeup. I think it makes a big difference especially becase my brows are sparse. I've done a full review on this kit, so be sure to check it out if you haven't already.



  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze- I'm a big fan of the Color Tattoos because of their color payoff and how long wearing they are. I've only brought one along on this trip so I went with a pretty universal shade that will work great with the shadows I've packed. I have a full review with swatches if you'd like more info.
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush- This is another long wearing eye product that I adore. Again I only picked one to take along and I went with this beautiful rose gold shade that looks amazing day or night. I have a full review with swatches for this one too.
  • Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet As Candy- I really wanted to bring a pink and this trio had the perfect shade. The brown shade is ideal as well.
  • CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands- How could I not take this to the beach with a name like Shimmering Sands? Really though, I love this trio and how simple and pretty it looks on.
  • Revlon ColorStay Quad in Nude Elements- This is one of my favorites, but I haven't used it recently. I wanted to bring something with a darker charcoal (not black) shadow and this quad also has the most beautiful gold. Revlon changed their ColorStay shadow packaging (what I have is the old version) and I'm not sure if they still carry this exact color combo, but I'm sure they have something similar.
  • Wet n' Wild Color Icon Pencil in Mink Brown- I've been using this pencil a lot lately to create a smokey liner look and brought it so I could continue. I really like that it's dark, but not super-duper dark.
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher in Black- I'm loving this mascara. I can wear it in a more natural way... as natural as mascara on lashes can look... or add additional coats for more drama, without the clumps. I did a full review on Friday with before and after pictures so be sure to check that out if you haven't already.





So now you know what's in my makeup bag right now. What's in your makeup bag? Let me know in the comments below some of your favorite items currently in your bag.


20 comments:

  1. Have a great getaway with your mum, lovely! I love snooping through other people's makeup bags, yours was no different! I'm lusting after that Covergirl/Olay concealer! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne! I'm like you, I like snooping too :) I think I'd be lost without my concealer... at first, I thought I left it on my vanity at home. I would have been making a trip to the drug store :)

      Delete
  2. Loving the contents of the makeup bag :D I've been wanting a Milani blush for awhile, definitely something I need to pick up when I get a chance ^_^ Hope you are having fun on your vacation :D

    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milani is buy one get one 1/2 this week (good through 8/17) at CVS... not to encourage you or anything, Pauline! lol

      Delete
  3. Whoa you have a lot of goodies in there. I haven't seen those Almay lip glosses in store yet, how are you liking it? Is it a sticky gloss?

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm an over packer... haha... you should see my suite case.
      I found the Almay Liquid Lip Balm on a display separate from the other Almay products... I've seen them right up front, on end caps, and in the back of the store (not near makeup). I really like it and would like another. It's not sticky at all. It really does feel balm like, but a little slicker.
      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Great post Nikki! I love Amber Rush-it's time to break it out again now that Fall is fast approaching!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo you are right Kendra, this will be a perfect Fall color! I just got all giddy doing a mini brain storming in my head haha.

      Delete
  5. ha. im heading on a short vacay and i totally brought the same infallilbe and color tattoo. you really can't go wrong w/ amber rush or bad to the bronze. great minds, lady :)
    jenn


    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defiantly great minds! They are two perfect shades to wear on their own, together, or with others. Since they are compact it makes them even better for traveling. Hope you have (or had) a great vacation!

      Delete
  6. Cool post. I like the makeup bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's one I've had for years that I got as a gift with purchase from Victoria's Secret.

      Delete
  7. Great post! I like that you took time to actually describe each item!


    Yellow Blog
    In need of a blog design makeover? I can help you!
    http://yellowblog.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post and my descriptions!

      Delete
  8. Superb post and i loved it :) palettes looks gorgeous :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great selection! I've heard great things about almost all of these products!

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like everything that I picked for my trip. I figured If I was limited myself might as well make sure I was taking things I'd really want to use :)

      Delete
  10. Awesome selection, you have a lot to put in this bag) Loved the lip products.

    http://jewelleryfastfood.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bag wasn't even half way full! It feels like the Mary Poppins makeup bag. I wanted lots of options for my trip to suite whatever makeup mood I might be in during my trip so this bag worked out great.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.