Monday, August 26, 2013

Splurge vs. Steal: Leopard Boat Shoes

Bottom: Charming Charlie Meri Boat Shoe in Medium Brown Leopard Sequin; $25

Have you ever had your heart set on something, but then realized that it was out of your price range? I spotted a pair of Sperry Top-Sider boat shoes on Pinterest months (and months) ago. I had been day dreaming about owning this pair of medium brown leather boat shoes with leopard and sequin side panel accents, but I couldn't exactly afford them. 


Charming Charlie Meri Boat Shoe in Medium Brown Leopard Sequin

Imagine my delight when, upon my first chance trip to Charming Charlie this weekend, I spotted a pair of boat shoes that are a dead ringer for the pair of $90 Sperry's I've been coveting. They had my size in stock, and even better, they were only $25!



Although the quality and materials between the two shoe brands aren't the same, that doesn't mean the pair from Charming Charlie are bad. They actually seem to be constructed pretty well with all man made material. Not only are they comfortable, they'll be a nice addition to my fall wardrobe; helping me transition from flip flops to closed toed shoes for the colder months. 

I'll want to make a trip back to a Charming Charlie store at some point. The store was huge and I only had a few minutes to browse! I loved how the store was set up; everything was color coordinated. I'm sure I'd be able to find a few more gems with a little extra time. 




Do you think these shoes are a pretty good alternative to the original? 
I'd also like to hear in the comments if you've found any recent bargains recently for higher end (beauty or fashion) items that you've been lusting after. 

6 comments:

  1. Great find, I'm obsessed with any and all things leopard! Nice to see there is an affordable option!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't get enough of it :)

      Delete
  2. Where is this Charming Charlie's place? I've never heard of it!
    I LOVE when I find a comparable affordable piece I've wanted. I did a whole outfit that way in the spring. Blazer, shoes, top, pants, and necklace. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one in Bethlehem, but I looked it up online and there's also one in Plymouth Meeting. It has jewelry, purses, some clothing, shoes, and more! It's just about 100 times the size of a Claire's... I'm only slightly exaggerating haha.
      It feels great to find something similar for less money, it's pretty rewarding.

      Delete
  3. I've always wanted these....thanks for the find :D amazing deal! xxx

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found this helpful! If you pick up a pair, we can be twinsies!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.