Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nail Polish & Product Haul


I've been on a bit of a nail polish buying spree lately. I have a ton of polishes and products to share with you so I'm gonna just jump right in! 

It's Nail Polish Haul time! 

This kit includes polish strips, a gel top coat, and a single finger curing light. I purchased this kit on sale at Rite Aid with coupons that I printed from Sally Hansen's website. I haven't used, or even opened the kit yet, but let me know if you're interested in a review on this product in the future. 

These are extra strips to be used with the curing light from the starter kit. They had a good selection of colors and patterns to choose from, but I thought this shade would be perfect for my mom. Also, how great is the name?

Although it says it can be used as a base coat and top coat, I don't think it works well as a top coat. I don't really need it to be a double duty product because it's a great base coat and that's good enough for me! This is a repurchase for me.


Wet n' Wild:
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine (From Left): Blazed, Lady Luck, Burgundy Frost, Blue Moon, Night Prowl

Several of the following items were picks from my recent Nail Polish Wishlist. 

Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Blazed-
This is a coral/orange shade that is great for warmer months, but I think it can also carry into the fall just fine (if you're someone who likes to wear different shades depending on the season). 

Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Lady Luck
My mom can pick 'em. This was her choice for her mani/pedi, and I liked it too! I used it in my last NOTD. I was really impressed with this nail polish. I paid 69 cents for it and it lasted 6 days before it started to wear at the tips. After using this I had to pick up more.

Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Burgundy Frost-
I'm so happy I was able to get my hands on this polish. It's a pretty ruby red that's packed with shimmer.
 
Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Blue Moon
This blue polish, with fine shimmer/glitter, is on the sheer side. I think it will need several coats to achieve a more solid look, but I think it'll be worth the extra time!

Wet n' Wild Wild Shine in Night Prowl-
This is a black polish that is loaded with purple glitter- so much so that it looks like it might be a dark purple polish.
 
I've wanted a black polish for a while, but never bought one- except when I mistakenly bought crackle polish (shown in another Haul). Since the Wet n' Wild Wild Shine polishes were on sale for 69 cents and Lady Luck wore so well... I decided to treat myself.


 Revlon:
Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy in Moon Dust-
This is a two part polish stick with a a black base coat on one end and a multicolor flake/glitter top coat. 
Tip: Revlon is on sale this week (through Saturday, 8/31/13) at Rite Aid for 40% off. Score!


 OPI:
OPI polishes (From Left): Peace & Love & OPI, Embarca-dare Ya!, and Russian Navy 
 
I received the next three polishes as a gift from my mom. She surprised me with a few shades included on my Fall Nail Polish Wishlist. So which did she pick out?

This color is unique from any other in my collection and I can't wait to wear it this fall.

I really liked the pictures I had seen of this shade and wasn't disappointed. It's such a pretty, feminine fall color; it's like a fuchsia berry with gold iridescence.

I think this navy is so pretty because it has a hint of purple and a beautiful shimmer.



What polish are you currently loving? 
Let me know in the comments. 


8 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of the wet and wild price tag even though they are still only $2 here, definitely would have picked up a bunch for that price! i hope they wear just as well, they look gorgeous.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $2 isn't bad, they are usually 99 cents here (when not on sale). I had to contain myself from buying more.

      Delete
  2. just bought a rimmel one called 'i lilac you' very disappointed about it and will do a post. streak city!
    jealous of your haul. try and do some cute manis to share :)
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost bought I Lilac You a couple months ago, but then ended up getting Essie Under Where? instead. Doesn't it suck when polish is streaky. I think I'll be doing another mani for Friday.

      Delete
  3. Great haul Nikki! I am due for my Fall nail polish shop! I definitely have been thinking about Russian Navy!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I had to do a little swatch of it and oh my... It really is a perfect mix between navy blue and purple.

      Delete
  4. Oh i love Opi's. I actually today received Opi German-icure I ordered a few days ago, but i am somehow dissapointed, as I though it would be gorgeous dark red winey shimmery shadow, but is actuaaly brown with shimmer..oh well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a bummer! I was looking into Muri Muri On The Wall from their new San Francisco Collection. The swatches looked great online, but in person it looked brown, so I know what you're talking about. Take a look at swatches of Burgundy Frost from Wet n' Wild (mentioned above). I know it's not OPI, but I've been really impressed with the quality of their polish.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.