Friday, August 2, 2013

July Favorites

 
I was packing, moving, and unpacking throughout most of July. Most of my makeup and beauty products were out of use for the majority of the month. I was operating on bare minimum, but I did have some favorites that got me through.

Makeup:

Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Apricot Pucker-
I showed this lip balm/gloss in my Collective Makeup and Body Haul. I've been reaching for it a lot this month because it feels incredible on the lips. I also love this brighter shade for this time of year. I'd like to try out another shade, so if you have a favorite color, please leave your recommendations below!


Wet n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone-
I used this palette in last Friday's FOTD to create a warm, copper eye; it's been my most-worn eye look of the month. I tried a few other of its many color combos too. I reviewed this versatile palette on Monday, so be sure to check out my full review with swatches. 


CoverGirl Lash Blast Clump Crusher Mascara-
I'm loving how natural and full my lashes look with this mascara. They don't come across as overdone, but still help to define the eyes. 


Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink
This was also in my Collective Makeup and Body Haul from July. I've worn this blush exclusively this month. I love the glow-y pink; it's just so pretty!


NYC Cheek Glow Blush in Sutton Place Peach-
This is another product from my Collective Makeup and Body Haul that's made it to my favorites for the month. Now, I know I just said that I wore the Wet n' Wild blush exclusively, and that's true. I've also been wearing this blush, not as a blush, but as a bronzer to warm up my complexion, especially on days when I haven't worn much makeup.

Nail polish: 

Essie Resorts Collection Polish In The Cab-ana-
I was crazy about my manicure with this polish earlier in the month (seen in this NOTD). Then I wrecked it when I began packing. Well, at least my toes still looked cute!

Body:

Bath and Body Works Fragrance Mist in Malibu Heat-
Okay, here's one more favorite from the Collective Makeup and Body Haul, and it'll be my last (for now). I love this tropical scent! I've been keeping it stored in the fridge so when I want a mist of fragrance, I also get a delightful cooling mist too!  


What were your favorites from the month? Let me know in the comments or link your monthly favorites post or video below, I love checking them out :)

25 comments:

  1. the bronzer looks really good, great post! I've just posted a July Favourites post as well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to check it out :)

      Delete
  2. In love with the entire Essie Summer line! Lovely post <3 xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same; they have such fun, pretty colors!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post dear!I've been dying to try the Almay Liquid Lip Balm! I've heard so many good things about it :D That Essie nail polish looks really nice as well!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Liquid Lip Balm feels so nice. I've heard people say to go for the darker shades if you're looking for the color to show up, but I've only tried one (and the colors shows up).

      Delete
  4. I love that Wet n Wild blush! It is sooo pretty!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I like it so much because it's the color my face gets when I get sun. I love it :)

      Delete
  5. I love the WnW palette and the covergirl mascara! I don't have the body mist, but I have a lotion from the same line and I love how it smells! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like the smell too! I may end up picking up the lotion and body wash (I have coupons), but I'm worried about going back in the store cause I don't want to walk out with a bunch of candles too :P

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've just inspired me to dig out my Pearlescent Pink Blush. I've been hooked on Heathersilk for about 2 months now.

    http://forensic-beauty.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Way to shop your stash! I haven't tried any of the other blush shades but I'll need to look into Heather Silk.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It must be one of their most popular/ universally flattering blushes; everyone seems to love it :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. It's such a good summer color isn't it?

      Delete
  10. i really wish i could get my hands on american products! Your so lucky!

    Www.lululisaly.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel you. I'm always thinking I wish I could get my hands on products sold in the UK.

      Delete
  11. heard so much good reviews on the wet n wild palettes :) i also love your nail polish color of the month <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really are great. If you ever come across their products and have a couple extra bucks you should give the brand a try! I really like their eyeliner and mascara too.

      Delete
  12. I've heard SO many people rave about the covergirl clump crusher mascara! I think I'm going to need to pick it up and check it out for myself. Thanks for the mini review! :)

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on doing a full review with pictures on Friday so be sure to check back!

      Delete
  13. I just broke 2 of the shadows in my comfort zone palette :( BUt I think they are ones I wouldn't really use so it is silly to replace it. But seeing this still makes me sad! I also have a bottle of in the cabana on its way to me, but I do love the naughty nautical from their summer collection as well.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried re-pressing the broken shadows with some rubbing alcohol?
      I liked the look of the Naughty Nautical too, but couldn't justify two so similar. So glad you're able to get your hands on In The Cab-ana! I hope you love it :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.