Friday, August 9, 2013

CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara



I hate when mascara clumps on my lashes. CoverGirl caught my attention with their claim for the newer mascara from the Lash Blast line, Clump Crusher; 200% more volume with no clumps. I was sold. The question is, are the claims true? I'll tell you what I think, but you be the judge with my before and after pictures.


Clump-Free:
I've been using this mascara for over a month now and, I'm happy to report, I've not experienced any issues with clumping. Since I hate when mascara clumps on my lashes, I usually only apply one coat of any mascara I'm using. However, for the sake of putting the clump-free claim to the test... I piled on 2 additional coats! I like to think of it as a stress test for lashes. 

Left: 1 coat of CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara
Right: 3 coats (and countless swipes) of CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara


Volume:
I don't know how CoverGirl came up with 200% more volume, because I think it will vary depending on how someone chooses to apply and wear mascara. Will it give you more volume? I think so. With one coat you can achieve added volume while still maintaining a somewhat natural look. The mascara is almost undetectable because it doesn't clump on the lashes. If you want even more volume, add more coats. No need to worry about getting goopy, gross, spidery looking lashes when adding more drama to the initial coat. 


Top: No mascara
Middle: 1 coat of CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara
Bottom: 3 coats of CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara


Side by Side Comparison:
Left Side- No mascara 
Right Side- 1 coat of CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara


The Brush:
Here's where the magical clump crushing comes in: the curved plastic/silicone bristle brush is duel sided to distribute product then separate the lashes. The straight side loads the lashes with product while the curved side combs through the lashes to eliminate clumps. The bristles are short and close together making it comb-like. This brush, although curved, reminds me of one of my other favorites, Wet n' Wild Mega Length mascara (read my review).  


CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara brush



Color Range:
According to CoverGirl's website, the mascara comes in Brown, Black Brown, Black, and Very Black. I think it's great there are a couple lighter shades because they suite some people better than, a sometimes harsh, black mascara. For me, I want a really dark mascara since I have such dark hair. I don't want my lashes to get lost in the mix. I purchased a tube of Black mascara (because there wasn't any Very Black) and while it's black... it's just not as dark as I'm used to. I'll be sure to search out Very Black when I repurchase.



The Verdict:
I love this mascara and will definitely repurchase. I think this mascara is one that a lot of people will like because it's suitable for most situations and can be built upon for added volume.


Have you tried CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara? 
Let me know in the comments what you think of it. 



21 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this mascara! However, I accidentally picked it up in a shade too light (Brown) I have pretty dark hair, so this mascara is for those days when I want a really simple look xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't seem like they have many Very Blacks available in stores... I've been hearing and reading from more and more people that they have the brown version. Glad to hear you love the mascara though!

      Delete
  2. wow, I am so impressed by this! it makes me sad I already have too much mascara and can't justify buying any for awhile. Because now I desperately want this. Great photos as well, it really show the impact.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Add it to you're wishlist and you'll work your way through your current supply before you even know it :)
      Glad you like the pictures!

      Delete
  3. shocked by this! those brushes are the best shape though
    http://shemightbeloved.blogspot.co.uk/ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm hooked on the brush.

      Delete
  4. Awesome review! I can't buy any mascara for awhile (too many in the collection), but this is something I will look forward to grabbing when I get the chance! Love the length it gives you Nikki :D
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline! Glad you have another product to add to your wishlist!

      Delete
  5. holy lashes lady!!! i have one that i've yet to open b/c im trying to convince myself that i need to finish a mascara im not super fond of.....but now that i see the results of this....
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I've been in you're spot before. I'm all about not being wasteful, but life is just too short to commit yourself to something you don't like.

      Delete
  6. It looks so amazing! I am SO getting this the next time I go shopping!

    http://ncboodah.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Nikki! I might have to try this-even though I am not a Covergirl mascara fan.

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been ages since I've used CoverGirl mascara and I can't honestly remember what I thought of the last tube I had. I'm glad I gave this a try.

      Delete
  8. I want to try this masacra thanks for the great review. Amber from http://alwaysblabbing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this mascara really works! It looks great on your lashes :)
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the way it looks too.

      Delete
  10. Not sure what your skin type is, as this is my first visit to your blog, but do you have any issues with this smearing? I have oily skin and terrible luck with mascaras and eyeliner. I usually have to get waterproof. ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question Kim!
      I have combo/oily skin. My eye lids aren't excessively oily but slightly oily. On the other side of things, my under eyes are oily.
      I help my eye products last by applying foundation or concealer on my lids and then topping with a pressed powder. I also top my pencil eye liner with eye shadow to help it stay in place and not transfer to my brow bone area.
      Hope this is helpful!

      Delete
  11. Any idea how this will do with oily skin? I have little luck with mascara or eyeliner that isn't waterproof... ;(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.