Monday, August 19, 2013

5 Favorite Lip Products


I saw the 5 Favorite Lip Products tag going around and I just had to get in on the fun, so today, I'm going to break down my top five favorite lip products. These are the most reached for and the ones I most love to wear. It was a little tough to narrow it down to only five (if only it was the top 6 or 7 or 8.... I would've had an easier time). Curious what I picked and why? Keep reading.






My 5 Favorite Lip Products
In no particular order... 
I had a hard enough time narrowing it down to 5! 


Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick in On Fire Red-
I've really gotten into wearing a bold red lip this year, and as far as red lipsticks go, I think this one is has it all. Its creamy, even color wears for an extended amount of time and even after the shine wears off the color still remains- acting as a stain. That may sound a little frightening because it's a red and tends to be more noticeable if they bleed or smudge, but I haven't had any of those issues. If you'd like to read more, I have a full review with swatches.



Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Rose-
My most worn lip product this year has to be Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balms. I have three shades and love them all, but Rose is my favorite. It's very flattering to my skin tone and is a better-than-bare color that makes my lips look healthy. I have done a full review with swatches (of all three shades) if you'd like to learn more. 



NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red-
Another lip balm! I just love lip balm and tinted ones add color without much effort. This product was sent to me in my Spring VoxBox from Influenster. I'm still impressed by the color payoff and love reaching for this when I want my lips to feel soft and look juicy. I also have a full review on this lip balm. 



Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Pinkberry- 
This is my go-to neutral lip color because it's very similar to my natural lip color, but better. I love the creamy formula and like to keep it on hand (as you can see in my old What's In My Bag? post). FYI... If you're looking for this in the department store, the packaging has changed since I purchased mine. It's now in a gold tube with a color band at the base of the tube that matches the shade of the lipstick.



ELF Hypershine Gloss in Cherry Tart-
This is another lip product that was mentioned in my What's In My Bag? post. It's my favorite ELF lip gloss because when combined with my natural lip color... they look luscious! I also like that it's glossy without being sparkly (although I'm not opposed to sparkle gloss), it's long lasting, and it's not crazy sticky.



Alright, there you have it! My Top 5 Favorite Lip Products. I wasn't tagged by anyone to do this, but I tag all of you! 
Let me know what your 5 favorites are in the comments below or do a blog post of your own (and leave the link for me to check out). 
Can't wait to hear your picks and get some recommendations, too! 

13 comments:

  1. I love lip products! Not sure I could narrow down my favourites to just five though... great post! I have an nyc apple lip balm that I won on its way to me soon and can't wait to try it out :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was tough! I hope you really like the lip balm. I can't stop using it. My mom likes it too, she wears it over lip liner that she fills her entire lips in with.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I love how inexpensive they are. For $1 you can try out so many different colors and finishes!

      Delete
  3. i could never narrow mine down to five! i really want to try the Burts Bees lip balms - you mention them a lot and they sound and look so nice

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I know I mention them all the time. I just can't say enough good things about them. I took forever to buy them because I thought it was expensive for a lip balm, but now believe it's worth every penny!

      Delete
  4. oh the vivids...still too afraid to wear those lol
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. also, I just tagged you for a liebster.
      see the post here :)

      http://abeautifulzen.blogspot.ca/2013/08/liebster-award-post-where-you-can.html

      Delete
    2. Fear not! Some times I will just dab them on which makes for a less intense look.
      Thanks so much for tagging me, I'm going to check out your post now :)

      Delete
  5. The estee lauder one is so so beautiful! I really want to try it :) great post, I love reading posts like these! My favourite lip product at the moment is the models own lip crayon in coral crush :) x
    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have that brand here in the states (at least I've never seen it), but the name sounds great.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.