Monday, July 29, 2013

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone


Last Friday, I posted a FOTD where I used the Wet n' Wild Color Icon Palette in Comfort Zone to create a warm, copper eye look. I received a few comments about the eye shadow palette, so I decided to provide a review (with swatches) on this bargain buy. 

As is typical with Wet n' Wild shadows, the palettes are stamped with either Browbone, Eyelid, Crease, or Definer. The color by number (or name) format can be used as a guide to know what the shades are commonly used for. You can choose to follow what's printed on each shadow, or you can completely disregard it. I personally like to experiment with different eye looks and play by my own rules. However you choose, you're bound to come up with some great looks using the Comfort Zone palette. 

Left Side:


  • Browbone- A light, frosty cream. This one may be a little hard to see (in the picture)- it does seem to blend in with my skin.
  • Eyelid- A warm, rose gold/copper. 
  • Crease- A warm brown that looks almost bronze.
  • Definer- A dark brown (almost black), with golden shimmer. This shade is a bit on the dry side.


Right Side:


  • Browbone- A light/medium taupe, with a silver frost.
  • Eyelid- A green, with a hint of gold.
  • Crease- A warm charcoal. This shade feels dry and has less pigmentation than the other shades.
  • Definer- A duocrome shade of an earthy red and icy blue.

All:
Left to Right: Left Browbone, Left Eyelid, Left Crease, Left Definer, Right Browbone, Right Eyelid, Right Crease, and Right Definer
  
The shadows are exceptionally smooth and pigmented with the exception of two. I find the Definer from the Left side and the Crease from the Right side to be lacking in intensity and blend-ability. They both feel a bit dry (more so the latter of the two) and not as richly pigmented as the other shades in the palette.

My go-to look from this palette is made up of shadows from the Left side. I recently wore the Warm Copper Eye look in my FOTD from Friday. If you haven't already, check that out to see what it looks like and exactly how I applied each shadow.

With another go-to look for this palette, I use the Browbone shade from the Right side as an all-over lid color. I then add the Definer shade from the Left side or the Crease shade from the Right side as a liner for a soft, but defined lash line. 

I think this $5 buy is well worth it... even though I got mine as a gift (check out my Birthday Makeup Haul). The Wet n' Wild Color Icon palette in Comfort Zone has been my most reached for shadows this month and it will be sure to make it in this months Favorites. Check back this Friday if you'd like to see what other Favorites I've had during July! 


Which shade from the palette is your favorite?
If you have the Comfort Zone palette, let me know your favorite way to wear these shades.


18 comments:

  1. Wet n Wild has the most wonderful palettes :) I totally favor the left side more.... this is something I do need to pick up eventually :)
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guilty of favoring the left side as well! I'm going to stick to the right side next week and see what I come up with. I'd love to see your FOTD if you do pick this up in the future.

      Delete
  2. There are some lovely colors in this palette! Thanks so much for sharing! :D It's not something I would have regularly purchased, I'm going to go pick one up as soon as my spending ban is over. xo Kelly http://chicnstylishblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I need to go on a spending ban!

      Delete
  3. I love this whole palette! It is so affordable and versatile!! I use it all the time!! Great post Nikki! Hope all went well with the move!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! Everything is about done. Just need to hang pictures on the wall and then I'll be happy :)

      Delete
  4. Wet n Wild has, hands down, the best drugstore eyeshadows for the best price! Lovely post :)

    http://charmingsilence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're spot on! I'm really impressed with the shadows and then factor in the price and it's really unbelievable how great their shadows are.

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite palettes, I absolutely love wet n wild! This palette has a TON of mac dupes too. I can't remember them all off hand but I know the bottom right shade is a dupe for mac's blue brown pigment!

    hugkissmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that. I don't own any mac shadows, but it's always nice to know that there's something comparable at a lower price point.

      Delete
  6. Oh lala a neural drugstore palette, this is right up my ally. I love how basic the left side is and how unique the right is. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... mine too! I'm not sure what it is about neutrals, but I feel I need every neutral shadow...
      The right has some very unique shades; especially the bottom right- it's so different, but I really like it.

      Delete
  7. I really love this palette but I never use the colors the places they're supposed to do...:/ WnW palettes are seriously amazing! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for doing your own thing! Wet n Wild is impressive, I can't wait to try out more of their shadow palettes.

      Delete
  8. this palette is so good in so many ways sometimes i wonder why i dont have it......
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may just need to add it to your wishlist :)

      Delete
  9. This pallet looks soo good wish we could get wet and wild in the uk!

    mybeautysleuth x

    www.mybeautysleuth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully one day it will be sold in the UK... it's really unfair that ya'll have to miss out on their products!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.