Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Clothing Haul


So it's summer time and it's officially ridiculously hot. Aside from the increase in temperature during the summer, the weather in Florida is pretty consistently warm. This means that I wear the same clothes all year long. While I like having just one wardrobe, I also like to pick up a few new things for summer. I was looking to add a little pop of color and a few key basics, particularly new tops.


Today, I have a collective clothing haul with items I purchased from JCrew, Target, Marshals, Ross, and TJ Max. 
 

JCrew:


JCrew 5" Oxford City Fit Shorts-
 JCrew's shorts come in varying lengths depending on the style (3", 4", 5", 7", 9", and 10"). The 5" inseam is the ideal length for me; they don't hit at the widest part of my thighs so my legs appear slimmer. I purchased a pink pair. I wanted them in white too, but they were super see-through, so I passed.


JCrew Matchstick Jeans

JCrew Matchstick Jeans-
 Jeans aren't the most summer-friendly choice, but I loved the color. Enough said.


JCrew Sequin Tank Top-
The pattern on this top reminds me of a tribal print. I really love the sequins (I'm a sucker for sparkly/shimmery things), and I'll be able to dress up or dress down. 


JCrew White Crewneck Tee-
I don't know if I can ever have enough tees. The short sleeve t-shirts from JCrew have actual sleeves. These tees may be ideal for you if you have a beef with barely-there sleeves.

JCrew Elastic Belt with Clip

JCrew Elastic Belt with Clip-
I couldn't help myself... before posting the haul, I wore this belt with almost every outfit in the last week. It looks great worn at the waist of a dress, and since it's elastic, I can wear it around my hips too!

JCrew Suede Ballet Flats

JCrew Suede Ballet Flats-
I have the hardest time finding flats; my feet always flop out of them. These beautiful, bright, suede flats amazingly fit perfectly! They aren't true ballet flats because they have a slight wedge hidden in the heel, and to add to the comfort, they also have a nice padded insole.


Target:


Mossimo Suppy Co. Purple and Mint Stripe Tee-
As soon as I saw this top I knew it had to come home with me. The mint in this top matches my mint jeans perfectly (see the jeans in these OOTD's: 1st Day of Spring and Stripes + Mint). 


Mossimo Suppy Co. Multicolor Stripe Tee-
The colors in this tee remind me of sherbet. They're so bright and perfect for summer. All my Tees from Target (including this one) fit loosely, making them very comfortable to wear on hot days.


Marshals:

Cynthia Rowley Mint Tee

Cynthia Rowley Mint Tee-
I almost passed on this top because it was $9.99 and I normally only spend $5 for tees. It's so unbelievably soft, so I went for it, and I'm glad I did. It has to be one of the softest shirts I own; I'd love more.


Ross


Ambiance Apparel Tan V-Neck Tee

Ambiance Apparel Tan V-Neck Tee-
I've had my eye out for a plain tan tee for a while, so I was delighted when I spotted this one at Ross (and for only $4.99).


TJ Max:

Kenar Crochet Top

Kenar Crochet Top-
This is possibly the most summer-y item I've purchased. I found this beautiful crochet top at TJ Max. I've seen similar tops, but none of them came with a cami like this one. Could you imagine trying to color match this bright coral color?


So there you have it, my new additions for summer :)
What was your favorite item? 
Let me know in the comments what you're looking to add to your summer wardrobe.

I hope you (fellow Americans) have a 
fun and safe 4th of July!









18 comments:

  1. It's a tie between that belt (love!) and that crochet top from TJ Maxx.

    Nice haul.

    I haven't shopped in a while. On Saturday, when I got home from my retreat, I went to Old Navy because Brian asked me to check out some graphic tees for him. When I went in, they were having a huge sale; I ended up accidentally buying myself a bunch of tank tops on sale for $2, $5, and one that ended up being $7.99 even though it was on the table with a bunch of $5 shirts though I suspect, since it was alone, that someone had planned to buy it, saw the $5 table, and left it there (the fact that it was 7.99 annoyed me greatly and I almost told the checkout guy nevermind but, like you and that Cynthia Rowley top, it was very soft and the color was this light lilac purple and I'd gotten two shirts for $2 each... so I just went for it. I've already worn it and I loved how it looked and felt so I guess that was the right choice!)

    Then, two nights ago, I was sitting here at my computer at 10:45pm and was trying to get some writing done when I let myself procrastinate. I checked my email and saw this email from LOFT in there so, naturally, I went to their website and it turns out the items I put in my cart about a month or two back that I'd never bought had dropped back down in price (when I didn't buy them the night I'd ORIGINALLY put them in my cart, they'd gone way UP in price and I was sad but left them there in case) and I also got a fun summery dress for $25. That stuff should arrive soon. I hope the dress is nice! (I don't like to buy things online that I haven't seen or tried on in person. But I always read the reviews on LOFT to find out what other shoppers say; they're usually spot on about how things fit, the quality of fabric, whether it runs big/small/true to size, etc.)

    Anyway, moral of the story: I, too, have a summer haul! haha!

    Enjoy all of your new duds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the Loft sale email too. It's funny you mentioned it because I had opened it and was going to forward it to you just in case you hadn't seen it and then my power went out- for hours and hours!

      That's awesome that you were able to get everything on sale though! I didn't realize the shopping cart would keep everything, but good to know! Your right about the reviews on their site, those women are on the ball and know what's up.

      That's a good deal at Old Navy! There's not one near me here, but I heard some of their new tanks are so incredibly soft- I bet that was the $7.99 one.

      I will definitely enjoy my new fashion finds and I hope you do too!

      Delete
  2. The belt and shorts are my favs! (J.Crew is simply the best!)Although I must say, you have good luck finding cute t-shirts. I don't ever share hauls on my blog since I feel like I'd be embarrassed by how much I spend on clothes! lol. Although it might give me a nice reality check. I'll have to try doing one soon.

    Happy 4th of July Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JCrew has way too many cute things. I had to snap my self back to reality before ringing up half the store.

      I'd love to see one of your hauls. I love how you style your outfits so it would be fun to see things before hand.

      Hope you have a great 4th!

      Delete
  3. Great haul Nikki! Looks like you had fun shopping!

    Those flats are super cute! :)

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness they are too cute for me to handle! haha. I slip them on every time I go into my closet.

      Delete
  4. Really nice summery clothes! I admit my favourite piece is definitely the belt... wish we had J Crew here but maybe my pocketbook is grateful we don't!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have really great clothes and set the trend with statement jewelry, but it's dangerous stepping in there! The belt is defiantly one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  5. hey nikki :) i have a very similar sparkly top, it will look good with the peach jeans you got. love your picks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call! They do look good together :)

      Delete
  6. The sequin tank is just incredible..I would definitely be drawn to that like a magpie in the shops!! Lovely haul, thanks for sharing!! :)

    flawedfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the haul! I had to look up "like a magpie" because I've never heard that saying before, learn something new every day!

      Delete
  7. i love the white tee and suede flats!
    http://livelove-erika.blogspot.com/
    http://livelove-erika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never underestimate the importance of a good white tee :)

      Delete
  8. I love the color of those flats Nikki! And those tees too.
    I'm your 101st gfc follower!
    Happy 4th of july to you! :)
    I'd like to invite you on PersunMall Summer Style Giveaway, just click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following and sharing your giveaway. I'll check it out now :)

      Delete
  9. we are in love with that belt!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wear it enough! I almost didn't buy it because I already have so many belts, but I'm so glad I have no willpower!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.