Wednesday, July 24, 2013

NOTD: Essie First Timer

My nails were in need of some major TLC. I've been busy moving- packing and unpacking- for the last two weeks and it has destroyed all (but two) of my nails. I'm officially moved in and most of the heavy lifting is done! I just need to finish unpacking and organizing, then I can decorate! 


In the meantime, I couldn't let another day go by with my nails in such disrepair! I was able to locate the (clearly labeled) box containing my nail supplies, so I set aside time to clean up my nails and apply a fresh coat of a fun polish.

I began with a clear base coat (so my nails won't end up stained a funky color). Then, I followed up with two coats of Essie First Timer from the Resorts Collection. I hauled this back in June, but this is my first time using it. 


First Timer is a pretty green and unlike any shade I own. It's so fresh looking and I thought it would look cute on my (painfully) short nails, but let me know what you think!


I finished off my manicure with Essie Good To Go top coat to help my nails dry quickly and to provide extra shine.

I must get back unpacking, but at least I'll have something pretty to look at and now my nails won't catch on everything. I feel much better now :)
Do rough, snagged nails drive anyone else insane?



6 comments:

  1. Wow! This color is gorgeous! Right up my alley! Which base coat are you using? Mine sucks, the base coat actually turns my nails a funky color which is just not acceptable!

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! That's not acceptable lol.
      I'm using one by CND, it's okay- it prevents staining and dries fast, but I think it's the root of chipping...

      I really like Sally Hansen Double Duty, but I'm currently out. It's a Base Coat and Top Coat, but I only use it as a Base; it seems to smear my polish around when I also used it as a Top Coat.

      Delete
  2. love this color!

    xx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! All day long it's been making me think of little candies.

      Delete
  3. Love this beautiful color! I haven't tried Essie nail polishes at all, but I keep hearing everyone rave about it. Must try soon...
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny because I wasn't crazy about them before (this year) it seems I the couple I purchased in the past had a different formula and it wasn't my favorite, but I got sucked back in because of the pretty colors and I'm so glad I did... I really like their polishes!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.