Monday, July 1, 2013

June Favorites & My 100th Post!

It's that time again... Monthly Favorites! I had several new makeup favorites this past month that I can't wait to share with all of you, but first... how on earth is it already July? I know I say that every month, but time really is flying. I can't believe that half of 2013 is behind us! Also...




Today marks my 100th post! Thank you for reading and following my blog. Your support means so much to me. All of you have been great and I love your comments and feedback. It's really great to be part of such a wonderful beauty community. I'm looking forward to the next one hundred posts and I hope you are too! If you're not already a follower of Fairest's Favorites, be sure to follow me so you don't miss out :) 



Makeup:
Clockwise from Left: CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light,
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, CoverGirl Eye Enhancers Trio in Shimmering Sands, NYC Appleicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red, and L'Oreal Infallible Shadow in Bronzed Taupe
  • CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light- This is officially my favorite concealer ever. I've already given it a rave review, but my love for this concealer only continues to grow. I'm now also using it to conceal imperfections all over my face because the very light shade is a perfect match for my fair skin. Applying it with my new EcoTools Airbrush Concealer Brush (mentioned below) for flawless coverage that stays on all day. 
  • Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso- This is s beautiful shade that's perfect for summer. I've yet to find a bronzer that's a good match for me, but this blush gives me a radiant glow that I feel suites my skin tone nicely. 


Tools:
Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and EcoTools Airbrush Concealer Brush 
  • Real Techniques Expert Face Brush- This brush has been sold out every time I checked my local Ulta for it- until this past month :) I've been using it to apply my Revlon Nearly Naked liquid foundation for a natural looking coverage. I Instagramed a mini haul last month which included this brush. If you aren't already following me on Instagram, be sure to do so... and I'll follow you too!
  • EcoTools Airbrush Concealer Brush- I've used concealer brushes in the past, but preferred blending with my fingers. I was lured into purchasing this brush by the word "Airbrush", and I've gotta say, it's fitting! Not only does this brush blend concealer beautifully, but I feel like I'm using less product than before (this brush).


Body:

The Body Shop Soap in Mango
  • The Body Shop Bar Soap in Mango- I know most people opt for body wash over bar soap, but I guess I'm not like most people. While I occasionally use body wash (primary from Bath & Body Works), I love The Body Shop soap. I could dedicate a post exclusively to their soap (and maybe I will), but for now I'll tell you that my favorite is their Mango soap, particularly during the warmer months. It smells great and leaves me feeling clean without feeling dry. 


Polish:
Essie Under Where?
  • Essie in Under Where?- Indoors, this pretty lavender polish looks so feminine and sweet. Then I step outside. In the sunlight, it transforms to an almost neon-like shade, becoming a fun and bright, summery color. I did a NOTD post using this polish earlier in the month. 




What were your favorites this month? Let me know in the comments or share your links. I'd love to read your Monthly Favorites blog posts (or watch your videos).

 

37 comments:

  1. Milani blushes are just so pretty :) I love the expert face brush. I dont think I've ever used it to apply foundation before though. I use to use it for powder but ill have to try that out! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha that's so funny cause I would have never thought to use if for powder! I'll have to give that a try next time I wash it.

      Delete
  2. YAY congrats on the 100th pot!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer!
      I just finished reading your "What I've Been Doing" post!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your 100th post!!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 100th post! That is amazing!!

    Making It Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! In one regard it seems like there's been more, 100 is still a lot! haha

      Delete
  6. Congrats on your 100th post, I adore your blog:) Just tagged you in the 25 things about me tag on my blog, would love to see you do it! :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to check out the 25 things tag, I haven't read it yet :)

      Delete
  7. Great favorites! I love the smells of soaps from the Body Shop!
    Follow me back? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -Jenna <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all smell so amazing! That's so weird I know I hit to follow you on GFC because I loved your bow tutorial! I'll have to try again- and do it double with BlogLovin'! Thanks so much for letting me know!

      Delete
  8. congrats on your 100th post lovely! :) xxx

    rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Congratulations on your 100th post and thanks for stopping by my blog :D I have this olay concealer everyone seems to love and I guess I don't quite understand it but maybe I bought the wrong shade/need to give it more of a try. The NYC lip balm is so cute. I just bought a bunch of brushes from ELF and I think they have a pretty good concealer brush given the price, I need to stop applying everything with my fingers too haha. I love the sastuma scent at the body shop (I recently hauled some products from there on my blog!) and don't really use bar soap myself, though it's such a better value. The Essie polish is gorgeous, I love love purple :D I haven't done any favourites posts yet and probably won't this month but I'm thinking I will in the future, they are such positive and fun posts to read!

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know it's funny I just heard someone else (in a video) mention that their shade was off and it looks muddy on them. I have the lightest shade (since I'm very fair) and it is a nice match, but there doesn't seem to be a huge color selection.
      I think fingers are such great tools, but sometimes brushes might just do a slightly better job! :)
      I'll be sure to check out your haul and I'd love to see a favorites post from you in the future!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your 100th post dear! The Covergirl & Olay concealer is awesome as well as the trio in Shimmering Sands :D
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Looks like CoverGirl has some winners! I know how much you love their 3 in 1 foundation! I'm going to open up my Clump Crusher mascara tomorrow so hopefully I love that.

      Delete
    2. I'm definitely completely obsessed with their 3 in 1 Foundation! I'm half tempted to buy 2 extra shades, 1 lighter and 1 darker just so I don't have to worry about shade changes! Let me know how you like the Clump Crusher mascara! I also tagged you in the 25 Things About Me Tag. Whenever you get a chance, it'd be awesome to see your post!
      <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

      Delete
  11. 100th post, thats so exciting! I love you blog and I have nominated you for a Liebster Award! http://withasideofbeauty.blogspot.com.au/2013/07/liebster-awards.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'll check out the post now.

      Delete
  12. Congrats on your 100th post!! I followed you, check out my blog and follow me back if you want to.

    I love Milani baked blushes. I have a.couple and they are so gorgeous. They have the perfect amount of shimmer and have great color payoff. We use a lot of similar products!

    xo, Sarah
    http://www.hustlababy09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      You're absolutely right, they have the perfect amount of shimmer and blush so it's a great multitasker (blush and highlight).

      Delete
  13. Congrats on your 100 posts!!!

    Great favorites Nikki, I am so in love with Milani's Luminoso too!!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra!
      It's so pretty isn't it?

      Delete
  14. congrats on your 100th post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks for following :)

      Delete
  15. Nice blog, I like it so much! I am happy for your 100 posts and excited for your next 100 posts ;)

    xoxo,
    P.K.
    http://zivljenjesimpl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so nice of you to say!

      Delete
  16. Congrats on your 100th post! That is a huge accomplishment and I'm excited to see what you have in store for the next 100!

    P.S. I love the real techniques brushes too!

    http://charmingsilence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! I'm looking forward to the next 100 too!

      I'd love to try out more Real Techniques brushes, which is your favorite?

      Delete
    2. I purchased the Core Collection Set, which is a great deal. I love the buffing and contour brushes from that set. Next on my list is the Expert Face Brush!

      Delete
    3. I'll have to look into that set, I'd like to add a contour brush to my collection.

      Delete
  17. just bought the expert face brush and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear! It's like it works some kind of magic; my foundation looks so great when I use this brush.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.