Friday, July 5, 2013

7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag

You may be familiar with the Seven Deadly Sins, but have you ever considered them in terms of your love for makeup and beauty products? Well, someone did, and now we have the 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty Tag. Thanks Carrieanne of I'm Just A Little Pixie and Daphne of Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life for tagging me! 



Greed
What is your most expensive beauty item?
Blinc Liquid Eye Liner-
I generally don't splurge on makeup. However, I think the most expensive beauty/makeup item I currently own is my Blinc Liquid Eye Liner in Black. This liner is great because it stays on all day, but removes with little effort. I also love their mascara, but I don't currently have a tube, so... moving on. 

Gluttony
What brand makes up the biggest chunk of your makeup collection?
Eyes Lips Face (ELF)-
There was no official tally done, this is just a guess. While I do have a good mix of (drugstore) brands, ELF is probably in the lead. I'm basing this on how many ELF lip glosses I have. I don't know what it is about the one dollar price tag that makes me feel like I have to have them all, but it's a problem.

Wraith
Which Beauty Item do you have a love hate relationship with?
Foundation-
I have uneven, blemish prone skin. I love that foundation exists because I feel more confident and secure wearing it. That said, I hate that I feel dependent on foundation to feel comfortable in my own skin! I love that it exists, but I hate that I feel that I have to use it. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way.


Sloth
What product do you neglect to use due to lazyness?
Eyeliner-
I hardly ever use real eye liner because it can be a bit time consuming. Is it odd that my most expensive product is an eye liner? To make up for being such a slacker, I usually do something more bold when I use liner. I'll do a winged line with my Blinc Liquid Eye Liner or use a color like Wet n' Wild Color Icon Liner in Amethyst (mentioned in Colors of the Rainbow Tag). 

Pride
What beauty product gives you the most confidence?
Mascara
I think it transforms my face so much. I can be wearing a full-face of makeup, but I don't feel like the rest really matters all that much without mascara. My current favorite is L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes (check out my review).

Lust
Which item is at the top of your Beauty Wish list?
Benefit Coralista Blush-
Have you seen any of my Wishlists? I have lots of items that I'd love to try, but if I'd have to pick one that I'm currently lusting over the most, it would be Benefit Coralista (mentioned in my Blush Wishlist). It just looks so beautiful!

Envy
Which makeup product/look is great on others but not on yourself?
Bronzer-
I'm envious of how contoured, bronzed, and glowy other people look. I think I end up looking silly every time I try to use bronzer because the colors look so artificial on me. If anyone has recommendations for bronzers or contour powders for very fair skin let me know in the comments!




Hope you liked this tag! You should know by now I'm addicted to tag posts, if not, check out the other tag posts that I've done!
I tag anyone who wants to do this, just be sure to leave a link to your post in the comments so I can check it out! 

16 comments:

  1. Love this post! You're answers are so great, I agree with you aboout Mascara giving you the most confidence!

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Mascara- not to be underestimated! :P

      Delete
  2. Thanks for doing this! It was a really fun read! I agree about foundation! I'm like that with foundation and concealer as well, I LOVE that it exists but I hate that I'm so dependent on it now! I'm making myself go out one to two days a week without any makeup so I can remember what it's like to not be dependent on makeup! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading it; it was fun to do so thanks again for tagging me! I give you props for going without makeup. I keep telling myself that I need to do that (outside the house), but haven't been able to bring myself to it.

      Delete
  3. Love this tag!! I think I might do it too! I agree with you on the foundation thing, I love that it exists and makes me feel more confident, but I hate that I feel I need it to feel confident. I also feel that way about bronzer, I'm so fair so I have a hard time with it. I did find a nice one though. The trick (I think) is to find a light bronzer with no shimmer.

    Making It Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! I'm trying to get my skin to behave so then maybe I won't feel so reliant on foundation, but in the mean time... I'm a slave to it.
      I just recently picked up a NYC blush that I think might work as a bronzer, I should be putting up a haul this week- maybe Friday.

      Delete
    2. Can't wait for the haul post :)

      Delete
    3. :) It may be my last makeup haul for a little while- I need to stop buying makeup haha.

      Delete
  4. Love this tag, I should do it myself over on my blog :) looks like so much fun!

    xoxo, Rosina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'd like to read your answers.

      Delete
  5. Haha I love this post! Great blog, would you like to follow each other?

    xoxo
    http://myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I'll be sure to check out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. we agree with you about mascara! We've also been eyeing the coralista blush!

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this tag! might have to do it too on my blog. thanks for being a follower on my instragram. im following your blog now: )

    abeautifulzen - jenn f

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding my blog! I've been loving your FOTD pictures :)
      I hope you do the tag, I'd love to read your answers.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.