Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wishlist: Blushes

I like to refer to myself as fair, but the truth of the matter is I'm pale and sometimes pasty. Blush is an essential beauty product for me; without it my face has no color! 

Top Row: Benefit Blush in Coralista, Nars Blush in Luster, and MAC Blush in Cream Soda.
2nd Row: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset and Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Charisma.
3rd Row: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Natural, L'Oreal True Match Blush in Innocent Flush, Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Plum Pink, and Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Blush in Rosy Glow.
Last Row: ELF Studio Contour Blush and Bronzer Powder in St. Lucia, NYX Blush in Dusty Rose, Wet n Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlecscent Pink, ELF Studio Blush in Candid Coral.

You'd think because it's so important that I'd have a huge blush collection, but oddly enough I only have a couple, and of those I consistently reach for the same one. I want to break this habit and try a new blush (or two...). I've had my eye on a few- okay, tons- and although I won't be buying them all, I'd love to hear your option of those on my list. Recommendations are welcomed! 

Wishlist from my phone. Milani Baked Brush is crossed off :) Check out my Birthday Makeup Haul post!


My Blush Wishlist

Drugstore:
ELF Studio Blush:

ELF Studio Contour Blush and Bronzer Powder:
  • St. Lucia- Blush and bronzer duo with a warm pink blush and the bronzer doesn't look like it would be too dark for me.

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Blush:
  • Rosy Glow- I like the idea of having several different color combos in one product.

Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush:
  • Natural- Sounds like it leaves a glow-y, natural effect.

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Blush:

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush:
*These have mixed reviews, so I'm just not sure about them. Let me know in the comments if you've tried this blush and what you think. Depending on your thoughts, maybe I'll give it a try during the winter.

L'Oreal True Match Blush:
  • Innocent Flush- Pretty peachy/pink. I've used this blush (in another color) in the past and really liked it.

NYX Blush:
  • Dusty Rose- Nice mauve color that would be great for the Fall and Winter.
  • Terra Cotta- Possible dupe for Nars Luster? 
  • Taupe- Not to wear as a blush, but Essiebutton said this makes a great contour for fair skin.

Sonia Kahuk Beautifying Blush:
  • Sunset- Possible dupe for Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Tipsy?


High-End:
*These high end blushes are just me living in fantasy land, if anyone knows of a budget-friendly dupe for any of these, please let me know! 

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush:

Nars Blush:
  • Luster- Is NYX Terra Cotta a dupe for this?

Benefit Blush:
  • Coralista- Adorable packaging and beautiful color.

MAC Blush:



Recommendations?
I told you there were a ton on my list!
Again if you have any recommendations, know of possible dupes, or could recommend a beautiful Apricot blush, please let me know in the comments! 

Also, let me know what blushes are on your wishlist. 

20 comments:

  1. i'm pretty new to blushes myself but one foot in and you're going to be pulled in soon! I'm loving my tarte blushes and they're definitely worth the splurge in my opinion! I went to the Benefit counter today and was swatching coralista and wanted to have it so bad! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swatches I've seen (online) of Coralista are gorgeous! I was at Ulta the other day to swatch Coralista, but they didn't have it in stock or any tester for it. I'll have to check back some other time.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh this wishlist is making me drool (does that make sense when we are talking about blushes?)! I so want the benefit and the tarte blushes!!! I also love how BIG this blush wishlist is:)

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it makes me want to drool too! Haha. I say dream big or go home!

      Delete
  3. Dream bouncy blush is my favourite. Powdered brushes tend to get into my pores and cause breakouts.
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really interesting; I wonder if there is a ingredient in powder blush that you're particularly sensitive to. Good to hear you like the bouncy blushes!

      Delete
  4. Great picks Nikki! The Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush is amazing!!! There's a trick to using it!!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to read your review on them. I'm going to check that out right now!

      Delete
  5. So many pretty colors! Obviously I need to get out and try more blushes because I haven't tried any of them

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel too! I want to try out new colors/blushes/brands. I just recently purchased a new blush- Milani Luminoso, but before that I was using the same blush (one from Forever21) for about a year. I still haven't hit pan on the Forever21 blush, it's as if it's magic!

      Delete
  6. definitely want to try them! :-)

    http://michellele1.blogspot.com.au/

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elf's Blush/Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia is quite awesome! The bronzer is really dark and pigmented, so you have to use a light hand, but the blush I've heard is a dupe for Nar's Orgasm! Definitely have been wanting Benefit and Nar's Blushes!
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A dupe, that sounds good to me! Thanks for the heads up on the bronzer, it doesn't seem dark in the pictures, but I will defiantly take your word for it!

      Delete
  8. Ahh such a beautiful wishlist haha! I really want the majority of these blushes, they are all so gorgeous! I have Coralista and I recommend it with two hands, it's SO pretty! :))

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coralista might be the one I want the most, but I haven't been able to test it out yet. My local store was sold out so I'll have to keep it on the list for now, but it's good to hear you love it!

      Delete
  9. Wow love all of these colors!! I heard Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes are amazing (:
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You should get ALL the wet n wild blushes since they are so affordable! I love them all but I do love pearlescent pink most of all! I have the miniature version coralista that I got from sephora (in the checkout line) and I don't really reach for it much, for me if doesnt come out GREAT on the cheeks. This post inspires me to try it again though! Haha

    I just did a recent post on my favorite drugstore blushes, you should check it out! Hugkissmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's crazy how inexpensive they are.

      I don't have a Sephora near me, but I'll defiantly have to check next time I'm near one for a mini version. I'm sure that's much more affordable and I can't imagine going through a full size quickly.

      I will defiantly check out your blog! In fact I think I've been meaning to for a while now (I might be following you on Instagram haha).

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.