Friday, June 21, 2013

OOTD: 1st Day of Summer- Chambray Dress

Summer began long ago, but today marks the official first day of summer. I try to stay cool during the hottest time of year, but occasionally I fail. I think this chambray dress, along with my accessories is a perfect option to beat the heat, while still looking cute and pulled together. This is a perfect casual summer outfit.


Chambray shirt dress


Chambray dress with buttons and pockets

This sleeveless shirt dress is really comfortable! The chambray material gives the look of denim, but is really lightweight and cool. It has a cute collar, buttons down the front, and it even has pockets!

Red bandana acting as a belt

The dress came with a matching cord belt, but I've swapped it out for a red bandana. I folded the bandana and tied it around my waist for a belt that adds a pop of color. The red against the blue looks like the epitome of a summer to me. 
*If you'd like a similar look, check out your local fabric store for a bandana-like fabric and have it cut to the size you need!

Juicy Couture Pave Daisy and Ladybug Necklace and Rhinestone Earrings

I've kept my jewelry fairly simple. I'm wearing little studs to complement my cute Juicy Couture necklace. This necklace combines two of my favorite things: a daisy with a ladybug.

Fossil Brown Leather Purse

As for my purse, I opted for my trusty brown leather Fossil purse to complement my wedges.


SO Embroidered Wedges

My (slight) platform wedges are by SO from Kohls. There are red flowers with green leaves are embroidered onto the wide, light canvas strap and have a dark wood wedge. They have a leather ankle strap that wraps around my heel so I feel really secure walking in them. 



What do you like to wear during the summer? 
In the comments, let me know what you like to accessorize with!


18 comments:

  1. That dress is so pretty! I love how you used a handkerchief as a belt too :)

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like to get creative with my belts.

      Delete
  2. Nice blog. I love that dress! Follow me via GFC and I'll follow you, doll. <3
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, I'll check out your blog now :)

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty dress Nikki - you look lovely! Have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope your week is off to a great start. I've been thinking of ankle strap shoes most of the day thanks to you haha!

      Delete
  4. SUCH a cute outfit :) Also there's a giveaway on my blog at the moment that I'm running with Clearasil and the prize is a $500 experience of your choice! I really hope you enter, not many people have so you have an awesome chance of winning :) http://goo.gl/QLYTg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the heads up, I'll be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  5. You look so cute... such a pretty dress, perfect for Summer :D xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the dress! your figure is perf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so lovely on you!!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo lovely dress!

    http://www.candyliquor.co.uk
    Candyliquor Style Hunter
    Vote for your favourite style blogger
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'll be sure to cast my vote!

      Delete
  9. You like Leighton Meester, she is so pretty! :) thank you for the comment on my blog and I am your newest follower on blog lovin'
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to your future posts :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.