Monday, June 10, 2013

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red


I received NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in my Spring VoxBox from Influenster, but I hadn't started using it until the last week of May. I don't know what took me so long, but once I put it on my lips I've been hooked. I used it recently in a Day to Night FOTD so today I want to share with you my review of this product.

NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red

Pros:
  • It has a nice, build-able tint.
  • Glossy finish.
  • Doesn't feel sticky.
  • Not drying to the lips. 
    • The apple core center packs additional moisturizer.
    • Made with Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, and Avocado Oil. 
  • Tint lasts a long time (several hours).
  • Clear lid.
    • So you can see the product!
  • Safety sealed/ wrapped.
    • So you know if someone has tampered with it.
  • 10 shades.
Cons:
  • Artificial fruity scent
    • Honestly I don't mind/ dislike the scent, but it may bother some people.
  • Shine is not extremely long wearing. 
    • The shine wears off after a couple hours, but the tint remains. 
    • Not a problem- tinted lip balms don't require a mirror to re-apply!

Swatch of NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red


Have any of you tried the NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm? If so, what did you think? Also, let me know in the comments what your favorite NYC product is, I'd love to try more from the brand! 




12 comments:

  1. I always saw these at the drugstore but never picked them up :) thanks so the great review! might have to go back and give them a go :)

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had kept checking them out and then passing on them too. I'm so glad that I was able to try it out because it's actually really impressive and inexpensive (score!).

      Delete
  2. i love tinted lipbalms, this one looks amazing! I wish we got NYC in England, i always see such good reviews for their products!

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think NYC is now sold in the UK (but I could be wrong). Just keep your eyes out and maybe you will spot them in the coming months. It's a very affordable drugstore line.

      Delete
  3. This looks like a really good beauty product. I may have to look into getting some!

    http://www.reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, may have to purchase more in the coming months!

      Delete
  4. Haven't tried this product yet, but looks like a great one to try! Maybe once I'm finished with my Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me and Peach Kiss :B
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the baby lips out. How do you like those?

      Delete
  5. This is so cute! I really think this product would appeal to me if I ever saw it at the store.

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been reaching for it all month long, it's defiantly been a favorite of mine.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.