Friday, June 14, 2013

NOTD: Essie Under Where? & Good To Go Top Coat

I know I said that I'd be doing a Nail Of The Day post on Monday, but I just couldn't wait that long! I had some free time last night and decided to give myself a mani/pedi and use one of my new polishes that I hauled on Wednesday. You can see from the title that I picked Essie's Under Where? Keep reading to hear my thoughts on the polish!

Essie Under Where? with Essie Good To Go Top Coat


I applied two thin coats of Essie's Under Where? and was left with nice, even, opaque coverage. I then finished it off with Essie's Good To Go Top Coat. 

Essie Under Where? from Resort Collection 2013

Essie Under Where? is a pretty, bright, light lavender. I don't want to mislead you, this color is so bright that it looks almost neon in sunlight! I think it would look really great on someone with a tan or darker skin tone because this shade really pops. 

Essie Good To Go Top Coat

I'm really impressed with my new Essie Good To Go Top Coat. I normally skip top coats, but I'm so pleased that I picked this one up. As I mentioned in my haul, I heard Kendra from Beauty By Kendra C mention it in her Products I've Used Up post. I'll nee to use it a few more times to see how it wears before doing a full review.

Question:
What's polish are you currently wearing? Let me know in the comments!


16 comments:

  1. I'm loving this color from the Essie Resort Collection - my second fav, right after the green one! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may use First Timer (the green one) next. Ugh! How do they make such pretty colors?

      Delete
  2. Hey Nikki!! Happy Friday!! Great post, I love that polish color, I don't have it. Looks like I might have to pick it up!!

    Ahhh you picked up Essie good to go! I hope you love it as much as I do!!

    Thanks for the shout out! :) Have a great weekend!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for mentioning this top coat. I had never heard of it before and wow! It really is as great as you said :)

      Delete
  3. So pretty!! Have you tried the essie base coat? I'm looking into it because I need a new base coat. c:

    xo, Janiecy
    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. I've been using CND as my base coat, it's okay (not the best, not the worst). Previously, I was using Sally Hansen Double Duty. It's marked as a base and top coat, but I'd only recommend using it as a base. Every time I used it as a top coat it would ruin my manicure. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Hi Nikki! double commenting but I just tagged you to do the seven deadly sins of beauty #tag! Let me know if you're going to join in on the fun! xx

    Daphne | Seven Deadly Sins of Beauty #tag | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for tagging me! I will be sure to do this tag!

      Delete
  5. Love essie but its so expensive! i want to try some leighton denny nail vvarnishes.
    Love Em xx

    emtalks.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be expensive, Essie is a good polish to look for coupons for! I haven't heard of leighton denny polish before, I'll have to look into it.

      Delete
  6. Essie names are very cute :) I like this nail polish!
    dianadaron.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do! I like OPI's names too.

      Delete
  7. This colour is perfffff :) I'm continuously painting my nails but essie is the one brand I don't own haha! I may have to give it a try :) cute blog - following now!!
    If you have a spare moment please visit my blog at www.lanouvellenoire.blogspot.com and if you like what you see, follow back and keep in touch :)
    Exciting giveaway coming at 200 followers!!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've recently started getting into Essie and I really like their polish formula and colors.
      Thanks so much for following, cant wait to check out your blog!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.