Monday, June 24, 2013

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick

Generally speaking, I'm not a huge lipstick fan. I love wearing lip balms when I want moisture, reach for lip stain when I'm looking for long wearing color without the fuss, lastly, opt for lip gloss when I want to add shine to my lips. Who would have guessed that there was a lipstick out there that would encompass all my favorite features of these other products in one compact tube?

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid On Fire Red and Vibrant Mandarin

You may have heard lots of talk about Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipsticks, but I thought I'd review this lipstick and give you my opinion. I have a lot to cover in this review, so keep reading to find out exactly how these lipsticks work and to see swatches of my shades! 

What Shades I Own:
 

Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid: 895 On Fire Red
This is a classic, megawatt red. At the moment, this is my absolute favorite lipstick at the moment. I love that I can apply it and then just forget about it. I know once I put it on my lips the color will last all day.



Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid: 885 Vibrant Mandarin
This is an orange-red shade that I'd consider to be a coral-y orange. My favorite way to wear this shade is to either dab it on my lips lightly or to apply it regularly and blot it off a bit. When the sheen has worn off a bit, this summery shade looks absolutely perfect- like it's almost natural.

 
Left to Right: On Fire Red and Vibrant Mandarin
Look at that Shine!


Left to Right: On Fire Red and Vibrant Mandarin
Top: One coat of each lipstick.
Middle: Wiped off swatches with a tissue after 30 minutes.
Bottom: Washed swatches and arm left was left stained!
Pros: 
  • Highly Pigmented
    • Opaque coverage leads to color that is the same in the tube as it is on the lips.
  • Moisturizing-
    • I feel as though I'm wearing a balm. I thought this was in my head so I went to Maybelline's website and found that these lipsticks are made with honey nectar.
  • Shine/ Sheen-
    • Not as shiny as a gloss, but it's not flat and dull like a lot of lipsticks tend to look.
  • Long Wearing-
    • The finish can last for hours, longer if you're not eating or doing a lot of drinking. 
  • Staining-
    • Long after the finish wears off your lips are still stained with color.
    • Natural effect.
      • Lips are stained without looking dry.
      • Looks like one has been eating popsicles!
  • Packaging-
    • Squared off, so it won't roll off your counter or table.
    • Label on the bottom matches the color of the lipstick. You can "see" exactly what color it is when stored upside down. Love this! 
  • Scent-
    • I can't speak for all of the shades, but On Fire Red smells like cherry vanilla!
      • Vibrant Mandarin smells similar, but a little plastic-like. I wonder why the two shades don't smell exactly the same. 


Cons:
  • Packaging Not Sealed-
    • I had a hard time finding these lipsticks (in stores) that were not used. I won't get into another rant about this... for now.
  

Price: 
I purchased On Fire Red from Target. The price was $5.54, but I had $1 OFF coupon that I printed from Target's website.

I purchased Vibrant Mandarin from CVS. It was priced at $8.79, but I had a Extra Bucks earned from my CVS Card. 

At Target, the regular retail price of this product is $3.25 less than at CVS. You could get some other makeup product for that! As I mentioned in my Birthday Makeup Haul post, Target has great retail prices on their makeup. If you're really looking to save, look online for coupons and take advantage of frequent shopper discount card programs.




Let me know in the comments if you have tried Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid lipstick, or what shade(s) you have, and what you think of them.
If you haven't tried this lipstick yet, let me know what shade is on your wishlist or what is your current favorite lipstick. 
I'd love to hear your thoughts :)






12 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with these! Pink Pop is my favorite!! Great post Nikki!!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a pretty color! I was considering purchasing that one because I don't have anything like it.

      Delete
  2. At least the pros outweigh the cons! I usually use Revlon lipsticks but I need to give this a try - great colors - and thanks for the review :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true! The only Revlon lipstick I've used recently is the Lip Butter. What's some of your favorites?

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It really does have some great color payoff!

      Delete
  4. This is a very bravely and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a bold lip color for sure!

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried this product yet but that is great colour and awesome that it is moisturizing. I don't wear a ton of lipstick myself either. If I can find a good deal on this like you did may have to check a colour out :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find a good deal! Just keep an eye out for coupons :)

      Delete
  6. Loving your reviews!! I love the pic of the swatches after being wiped and washed. Amazing that they stay on so long. And the colors = gorgeous!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you've been enjoying all the reviews :)
      I had to show just how well these lipsticks last and that's the only way I could think to do it so I'm glad you like those pictures.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.