Monday, June 3, 2013

May Favorites

Another month has flown by and I have some new favorites to share with you. Here are my favorites for my favorite month- May! 


As a reminder, I try to post only favorite items that I haven't mentioned in a previous Monthly Favorites. I don't want to be redundant because if I love a product one month, I tend love it the next! Be sure to check out my past favorites to see what I'm still hooked on.


Makeup:
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory and Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory- This foundation is light-weight and perfect for 90 degree weather! I'll be doing a full review. Promise.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Hibiscus- I don't think I've ever mentioned this shade as a favorite before; if I have, forgive me! I've been wearing it a lot this month because it's a subtle coral shade that looks so natural and perfect for summer. I know that this will be a favorite of mine all summer long. Check out my full review with swatches!

*I had a lot of additions to my makeup collection towards the end of May. I felt it was too short of time to consider them favorites for the whole month, but they are sure to win a spot for next month!


Polish:
  
OPI Don't Socra-Tease Me! and OPI Dress To Empress 

OPI Dress To Empress- I used this with Essie Penny Talk in a Metallic Tip NOTD tutorial this month. This color is sparkly and fire-y. I loved having this hot color on my nails and on top of my other favorite color this month:

OPI Don't Socra-Tease Me!- I gave myself a pedicure using one coat of this topped off with a coat of Dressed To Empress. I love this combo; it's perfect for warm weather.


Accessories:
  Forever21 Rhinestone Earrings

Forever21 Rhinestone Earrings- I hauled these in my Mini Forever21 Haul. I think they're so pretty, and versatile too! They can be worn with a casual look or to complement something more sophisticated and classy. Check out when I wore them for my recent Little Black Dress OOTD. 



TV Show:
Arrested Development- I used to watch this with my dad when I was in high school (don't do the math on how long ago that was!) I believe it's easily one of the funniest shows ever. I was thrilled when I found out that Netflix was releasing a 4th season (released May 26th). I have loved getting watch the show again and re-visit the old characters.




Song:
Florida Georgia Line Cruise- This isn't a new song, but it makes me excited for summer. Haven't heard it? Check out their official music video on YouTube. 



Drink:
   Powerade White Cherry

Powerade White Cherry- Does anyone remember SqueezeIt drinks? This Powerade flavor tastes just like the red SqueezeIt. Each sip takes me back to my childhood. It's officially my favorite Powerade flavor. 

Bigelow Peppermint Herb Tea

Bigelow Peppermint Tea- I spotted the box of peppermint tea by chance while at the grocery store and felt that I needed this to sooth my upset stomach. I made my first cup as soon as I got home and noticed my stomach feeling better; it helped cut down on my nausea. After checking it out on Google, I discovered that peppermint tea is great for soothing the stomach. So, next time you have an upset stomach, you may want to try some peppermint tea.





What were your favorites for the month? Let me know in the comments or share the link to your Monthly Favorites blog post! 


19 comments:

  1. Those earrings are super cute!! Great post Nikki!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! Even better they were inexpensive.

      Delete
  2. Love those earrings and the peppermint tea looks delicious :) x

    JordysBeautySpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's really enjoyable :)

      Delete
  3. love those earrings! they are adorable

    katydesu.blogspot.co.uk

    katy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. those earring are gorgeous :) I love that cruise song its been on repeat on my iphone i love it!

    http://rorolovesbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) So glad to hear I'm not the only one addicted to the song.

      Delete
  5. Love those earrings!!! I always want to do a favourites.. but then I always forget. I will for June!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'll try to remind you at the end of the month :)

      Delete
  6. Love those earrings!! :) Also burt's bees is the best! :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the review on the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation! Any beauty advice from an Floridian girl is awesome in my book!
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I'd really like to hear your thoughts on your new CoverGirl foundation. I agree with you, if makeup hold up in this heat and humidity, it should hold up in most places- everyone can benefit from reviews of products put to the test here. HaHa

      Delete
    2. I've tested out the foundation in 80+ degree weather, I'm just waiting on 90+ degree weather to hit when I'm just wearing the foundation before I finally posted my review. I have tested every other situation though :/ Dang it Florida, why is it such a rainy week this week! lol. But yes, everyone can benefit from the review of products put to test in the sunshine state!

      Delete
  8. I love OPI nail paints :) Following you :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I'll be checking out your blog :)

      Delete
  9. I love both of those nail colors! And your earrings are so adorable, I never actually wear earrings... I'm really bad about it! :P
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colors go perfectly together. I love earrings (and jewelry in general) so I'm always wearing something.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.