Friday, June 28, 2013

L'Oreal Infallible 24 Hr Eye Shadow

Summer doesn't necessarily mean that you go without makeup. If you're like me, it's that time of year when makeup's lasting power is essential, especially in Florida's extreme heat and humidity. I still want to have fun with makeup and try out new looks, I just want them to last. Is that too much to ask for?



Despite hearing so many great reviews on the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows, I initially thought $8 was too much to pay for a single shadow. After seeing a swatch of Amber Rush, a beautiful rose gold shade, I decided to try it. I'm so glad I did- I've been blown away! I'm bringing this review to you now because I wanted to share with you this great option for a summer eye shadow. It's long wearing, water resistant, and comes in an assortment of beautiful shades!


The Infallible line of eye shadows from L'Oreal include 18 shades that include versatile, every day shades, to dramatic smokey options, and bold bursts of color. I currently have 3 shades from the line- Amber Rush (that I hauled here), Bronzed Taupe (I received this one from my Eye Shadow Wishlist and hauled in my Birthday Makeup Haul), and most recently, I purchased Iced Latte.


Don't toss this

These shadows are unique because they're a hybrid; the consistency is a combination of pressed and loose shadow and fall somewhere between a cream and a powder. This results in very luxurious feeling shadows. There is a plastic shield included to keep the shadow in place. I definitely recommend keeping it with the shadow (in the packaging)- you don't want a mess on your hands! 


L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow Swatched
Left to Right: Iced Latte, Amber Rush, and Bronzed Taupe

The pigmentation of these shadows is amazing- a little goes a long way! I like to apply the shadow with my fingers because I find it doesn't loos any of its intensity that way. I usually follow up with a brush to blend the edges and provide a more finished effect.

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow at an angle- look at the shine!
Left to Right: Iced Latte, Amber Rush, and Bronzed Taupe

Most of the shades in the collection are very shimmery, so if your not into shimmer, this may not be the line for you. However, these shadows look very dimensional, giving the effect that you've put more effort into your shadow than you actually did. They also can be paired with other shadows to add intensity to an eye look or you can wear them on their own. 

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow after running under water.
Left to Right: Iced Latte, Amber Rush, and Bronzed Taupe

These shadows are extremely long wearing and they're water resistant too. Not only will they stay on your eye all day under normal circumstances, but you can also wear them to the pool, beach, or just not fret about your shadow sweating off in the heat. I've put the water resistant claim to the test and it really does hold up, provide you don't aggressively rub your eyes when your shadow is wet. It says something when I need eye makeup remover to take this shadow off at the end of the day.


Have you tried any of the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows? In the comments below, let me know what you think, what color(s) you have, or what colors are on your wishlist.


28 comments:

  1. I have the Loreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Smoldering Plum and its absolutely beautiful! Don't have the colors you have but I have been wanting to get them for awhile! Didn't realize it was water resistant though! Thanks for the Reviews!
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Smoldering Plum! That's one that I just added to the list; it looks gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. I have one infallible eyeshadow that I dug out from my stash and I'm loving it all over again! I didn't know it was water resistent and it looks so much prettier after you ran water over it! Or is it just the angle? It looks more frosted! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a combo of both. I ran water over it, patted it dry then realized I should have some water on it for the picture (so people would know what they were looking at). It's also at a slightly different angle so the water would show up in the picture.

      Now that you mention it though I will have to try applying these with a wet brush and see how that looks!

      Delete
  3. Happy Friday Nikki!!

    Amber Rush is my favorite!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too Kendra! The 4th of July is next week, will it be your first one here?

      I'm sure Amber Rush looks beautiful with your eyes and skin tone!

      Delete
  4. I'm going to have to try these! Gorgeous shades and uber pigmented!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really impressive especially considering they are drugstore shadows!

      Delete
  5. Can I ask you or any of the other girls. What deodorant/antiperspirant is working for you. Two events this weekend and my current 'Ban' is not going to cut it.

    I know you reviewed one recently, that or any other.

    Thanks

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your question Michelle!

      I'm still loving Secret Outlast in Completely Clean. It really lasts all day long. The rest of my body might be sweaty, but my underarms stay dry and fresh.

      Aside from that, I've used Mitchum Power Gel for years and love it. I buy the Unscented for Men version. Even though it's says unscented, it has a scent and I prefer the Men's unscented to the women's scents/unscented. I don't believe there is much of a difference between the Men's or Women's formula for this line, so it's just whatever you prefer.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  6. Whoa that's a nice selection of shades you have there. I always thought those shadows were more on the loose pigment side which is what makes them so unique and awesome. c:

    xo.Janiecy.xo|A Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very unique and I think when applying with a brush (instead of a finger) they seem much more loose, but I generally apply with my finger. It also makes application really easy.

      Delete
  7. Usually, I wouldn't spend $8 on a single eyeshadow either. Unless it was Urban Decay or something like that. But I really, really like those colors that you got. Amber Rush is definitely something that I would buy!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that thinks it's a lot. Check out L'Oreal's website they will sometimes have manufactures coupons for eye, lip, or face products. That will make Amber Rush more affordable.

      Delete
  8. Oh I really want these now! So so gorgeous! I have paid that much for color tattoo shadows from maybelline and I wouldn't mind especially since these are so long-lasting as a treat :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, they are comparable in price to a Color Tattoo shadow.

      Delete
  9. I've always wanted to try them but I never did..looks like something I have to try out now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, I'd love to hear what you think of them!

      Delete
  10. These sound amazing I have never tried them will have too though :D xx

    www.krystelcouture.com | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep reaching for them, especially because they last so long despite the heat!

      Delete
  11. Great review! I love that you are always testing the claims!
    What so you use to put your pictures together, to compile the three images into one? They always looks so great!!

    Making It Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val and I'm so glad you liked the review!
      I use pixlr.com to edit my pictures. It's pretty easy (after you get the hang of it) and free to use!

      Delete
  12. Iced Latte is so perfect for an inner eye shadow!

    Just came accross your blog, love it! Followed ♥

    Stevie | Stevie Hearts Makeup
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! It just makes the eyes so bright and sparkly :)
      Thanks so much for following.

      Delete
  13. amber rush is seriously my favorite. it goes awesome with maybelline's pomogranate punk color tattoo cream shadow. give it a try. there are some swatches on my blog if you're interested :)
    have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they look great together! I'll have to check that out, thanks Jenn!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.