Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Hair and Nail Product Haul

This past week I made a trip to the beauty supply store with my mom to pick up some much-needed goodies. The woman at the store was super generous and gave us some great samples too! I'll go ahead and get into what I got for myself. 



Nails:
Essie First Timer from Resort Collection 2013

Essie First Timer- This green, from the Essie Resort Collection 2013, is such a unique color.

Essie In The Cab-ana from Resort Collection 2013

Essie In The Cab-ana- I've been lusting after this color ever since I began seeing so many pictures of how cute it looks on anyone wearing it!


Essie Under Where from Resort Collection 2013

Essie Under Where?- I've been wanting a lavender polish for a while (see my Nail Polish Wishlist) and I finally found one that I couldn't resist.


Essie Good To Go Top Coat

Essie Good To Go Top Coat- As soon as I heard Kendra C mention this in her Products I've Used Up video I knew it was going on my list! I can't wait to try this out for Monday's NOTD post. 

I picked these up at the drugstore:

Harmon Strengthening Nail Polish Remover and CVS Cotton Rounds
Harmon Strengthening Nail Polish Remover- I'm down to my last drop of nail polish remover so I needed to pick more up. This says it's strengthening, so hopefully that means it wont be as damaging to my nails as other removers. We shall see. 

CVS Cotton Rounds- Some how I managed to use a pack of cotton rounds and a bottle of polish remover at the same rate. I couldn't do that again if I tried.


Hair:

 Kenra Blow-Dry Spray

Kenra Blow-Dry Spray- This is a thermal protecting spray that smells amazing. I like to use it when heat styling my hair (with a blow dryer or straightener)- I even like to use it when I let my hair air dry.


Freebies:

L'Oreal VoluMetry Shampoo and Conditioner

L'Oreal VoluMetry Shampoo and Conditioner (Sample Packs)- I've already tried (and reviewed) this shampoo and conditioner, and I love it! I'll be purchasing the full size versions, but I first need to use up some of my other shampoo.


Pureology Purify Shampoo and Pureology Color Stylist Root Lift

Pureology Purify Shampoo- This shampoo helps to eliminate build-up styling products can leave on the hair. I've used Pureology shampoo and conditioner in the past (I think Hydrate) and it was great, so I expect nothing less from this one.

Pureology Color Stylist Root Lift- I love styling my hair with mousse so I'll be testing this out soon. 

Redken Control Addict 28 and Redken Powder Refresh 01
 
Redken Control Addict 28- This is an extra high-hold hairspray. I'll probably keep this in my second bathroom for when my mom's in town- she wears hairspray regularly, and is a big fan of Redken.

Redken Powder Refresh 01- I'm excited to try this new product, a dry shampoo. Also, the travel size version is perfect for touch ups during hot summer days when hair can look... eh.



Check back on Monday for a Nail Of The Day post; I'll be using one of my new polishes :) Also, be sure to subscribe/ follow my blog so you don't miss out on future posts and reviews!




16 comments:

  1. LOVEE those Essie polishes :)

    JordysBeautySpot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such perfect colors for the spring and summer!

      Delete
  2. Nikki I love those polish colors! The lavender is my fav hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's the one I may use first!

      Delete
  3. Hey Nikki, I just tagged you in my This or That post.
    I hope you do it too. c:

    http://janiecyxo.blogspot.ca/2013/06/tag-this-or-that.html

    xo, Janiecy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be checking that post out tonight! I've already done the This Or That Tag so be sure to check it out :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I did! I'm so excited to use them :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful nail polishes :) Can't wait to see you use them!
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to use them! I think I may go ahead and paint my nails tonight while reading blog posts :)

      Delete
  6. Pureology is an awesome product!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear you like it! I agree, they have some amazing products.

      Delete
  7. I love the Resort Collection from Essie! The green is one of my absolute favorites! xx


    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Resort Collection has the prettiest colors and I am with you, First Timer is such a pretty green!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check it out!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.