Friday, June 7, 2013

FOTD: Day to Night Smokey Eye

I want to share with you my Face of the Day from yesterday. I thought it would make for a fun FOTD post because I transitioned a light, day-time smokey eye into one with a bit more drama for the night-time. Taking my look from Day into Night was simple- I will tell you what I used and other ways to make the transition- just keep reading! 


FOTD Makeup and what I added for my FOTN (Face of the Night)


Face Of The Day:
  • Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in Ivory
  • CoverGirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Very Light-  
  • Neutrogena 3 in 1 Concealer for Eyes in
    • It's for eyes but I don't use it under my eyes. I use it for covering imperfections. 
  • Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent-  
  • Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
  • ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium
  • Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet As Candy 
  • L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara- 
  • NYC Applelicious Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red


Face Of The Day


Now, to transition my day time look into a night out...

Face Of The Night:
I added L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe over top of my previous eye look to deepen it up. I then applied another coat of my mascara and some more of my NYC Glossy Lip Balm. I changed my top, lengthened the chain on my necklace, and then finally, I let my hair down!

 Face Of The Night



I love side-by-side comparisons.


See how easy that was! Just a few minor adjustments and you can take your day time makeup look into a night out. Let me know in the comments how you transition your look from day into night. 

10 comments:

  1. Love seeing the transition from day to night looks :) I can see that the Rimmel Stay Matte powder is a well loved product! Keep up the great work!
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing transformations too! Yes the Stay Matte has been well loved; I'll be needing another powder soon.

      Delete
  2. day time lippy n makeup is osm :) wow yu :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used NYC Glossy Lip Balm in Big Apple Red for both day and night. I just applied a two coats at night.

      Delete
  3. Love both looks on you :) and the blush colour you used is gorgeous! x

    Holly | http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really loving the blush- it's a nice change of pace for me.

      Delete
  4. I LOVE this post! Both looks are very cute.

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post and the looks!

      Delete
  5. Both looks are amazing! Thanks for posting!

    Sarah | simplystyledmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.