Monday, June 17, 2013

Colors of the Rainbow Tag

I've been watching loads of videos and reading lots of post of Color of the Rainbow Tag created by TalkBeckyTalk. After watching Kendra's (of Beauty by Kendra C) video of this tag, I knew I had to do it too!


I'll give you a quick run down of the Color of the Rainbow Tag, in case you're not familiar with it. You choose your favorite products (makeup, skincare, haircare, or fashion) for each color of the rainbow, with a bonuses too (Pink and Multicolor). Pretty simple right? This is a fun tag for the end of spring/ beginning of summer because they're the most colorful months of the year (in my opinion).

Red:

Maybelline Sensational Vivid in On Fire Red - This is a bright red shade that looks very classic. I think most people are going with a lipstick for this one, and I'm no exception! I'll do a review, with swatches, next week.

Orange:

Essie Tart Deco - This is such a pretty, opaque "creamsicle" color. I like this shade so much that I've used this in two NOTD posts. Check out my NOTD: Essie's Tart Deco and NOTD: Criss-Cross Diagonal Tips to see if you agree.

Yellow: 

Slatkin & Co Pineapple Mango 3-Wick Candle - This is such a fragrant, fruity scent of pineapple and mango (obviously, right?). The candle's description also says there's also vanilla mixed in there too, but it's not very obvious. This scent fills my apartment with sweetness after only a few minutes of burning. The candle pictured is from last summer, and although this year's label is new, the scent is still the same.

Green:

Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, Conditioner, and Curl Refiner - I'm including all three because they're all from the same line, so it's not completely cheating, right? I've mentioned these products in past posts so if you'd like to read more about them, check out my NYE Hair post. This line has been discontinued, but the shampoo, conditioner, and curl refiner may still be found online, if you're interested.

Blue:
Tiffany & Co Tiffany Blue Enamel Heart Necklace

Turquoise Jewelry - I've decided to choose a turquoise blue item so that there's more of a difference between Blue and Indigo - am I the only one who thinks of them as the same color? I'm lucky to have a lot of jewelry that I love and wear regularly. I particularly love wearing turquoise jewelry during the Spring and Summer months and my current favorite is a Tiffany & Co blue enamel heart necklace that my dad gave to me. I love wearing a delicate necklace and this one is just that!

Indigo:

Redken Extreme Anti Snap - This leave-in treatment has been a favorite of mine for a decade- give or take. I've had the same travel size bottle since high school and my mom refills it from her full sized bottle. I think this product has helped keep my hair really healthy over the years by preventing breakage and split ends. 

Violet/Purple:

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Eyeliner in Amethyst - This inexpensive drugstore liner comes in the prettiest purple shade that really complements my hazel eyes. It goes on smooth without tugging at my eyelids- a big plus. I reach for this one a lot.

Pink:

Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked In Pink - This shadow is so creamy and long wearing, not to mention a really pretty color. As someone with combination/ oily skin, long wearing products are essential for me year-round, but even more so when it's 90 degrees! For a more detailed review, check out my Color Tattoo Review with swatches.

Multicolor:
Forever21 Floral Headband

Forever21 Floral Headband - This multicolored floral headband came in a pack of 3 for $1.80 (If I'm remembering correctly). I love wearing cute little headbands, especially during the spring and summer. This is one of my favorites, but if you want to see more, check out my I ♥ Spring Tag.




I tag everyone to do this tag! If you've already done it, be sure to leave the link to your own Colors Of The Rainbow Tag post if you've already done it. I can't wait to see your picks!

12 comments:

  1. Omg I really want to do this tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I'll be waiting to read your picks :)

      Delete
  2. That head band is really cute! I'm loving the nail polish and the candle seems divine! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The candle smells so good. I had it burning last night when I needed a little mental vacation!

      Delete
  3. The Tiffany & Co necklace is beautiful!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My dad did good picking it out :)

      Delete
  4. Great post Nikki!! I love Tart Deco soooo much!! I haven't tried that Redken product, sounds great though!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendra! Redken Anti-Snap is one of my all time favorite hair products.

      Delete
  5. Great post Nikki! I am highly tempted to do this tag now.... but I have so many posts to do before I will get to it... LOL.
    <3 Pauline, Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do! I know what you mean though, I have been waiting to do this for a little while because of all the other posts I wanted to do first. Some days I just want to post 10 posts at once!

      Delete
  6. The first video I saw for this tag was Ingrod's from missglamarozzi and ever since I wanted to do the tag! I think I will :)
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw hers too! I think you should do it, can't wait to read it :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.