Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Birthday Makeup Haul!


Last week, I received an unexpected birthday package from my cousin (who also happens to be a loyal blog reader)! Included were items from my Eye Product Wishlist and a gift card for my favorite Target! I posted a picture on Instagram to give you all a little preview. If you're not following me already, be sure to do so and I'll follow you back! 

 Now onto the haul!

Wet n' Wild Color Icon Pallet in Comfort Zone- The unique shades in this pallet are amazing and there are some really unique shades in this pallet. It's a great addition to my collection.


Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in Sweet As Candy- I love these colors. Something tells me it'll be getting a lot of use!


L'oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Bronzed Taupe- I already have one Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush so I was really excited to see this shade. I keep reaching for this amazing color; it makes me want more from the line! 


Target Gift Card- My cousin knows how much I love this store. I find that Target has the best regular (non sale) prices for makeup. Sure CVS, Walgreens, and Ulta will offer Buy One Get One 1/2 Off deals on select brands week to week, but sales, coupons, and cash back aside (since not everyone shops that way), Target has the best prices. *In case you didn't know, Target does have store coupons available on their website which you can print out and use in addition to manufacturer's coupons. 


What I Purchased with My Target Gift Card:



Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Eyeliner in Nude- FINALLY! This has been on my Eye Products Wishlist since it was first introduced. I've been checking for it (with no luck... till now) every time I'm in any store that carries Rimmel products.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. This was sealed, but I opened it before I remembered to take a picture. Oops.

Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso- This has been on my personal Blush Wishlist for ages, but its always been out of stock, but today was my lucky day! I plan to do another Wishlist post, this time for the blushes- keep an eye out for that.

I also wanted to purchase a Maybelline Color Whisper from my Lip Product Wishlist, but every shade on my list had been opened and tested. If there were four tubes of one shade in stock, every last one had been tested. Seriously? I even ventured out past the shades on my list and those too were all used. 

I wish drugstore brands would start sealing their products to prevent this from happening. We're part of a wonderful beauty community, complete with reviews and pictures of swatches. There's no need to open products in the store and then leave them there so no one else can (or would want to) buy them. Even if someone didn't take to the internet first, most stores have a return policy- if you don't like something, bring it back and the store can damage it out. Then they can order more for people who know they want the product. Stores have no way of knowing it's all been tested and they aren't going to order more of something when inventory shows they have ample stock on the shelves. Okay, that's the end of my rant. You can agree or disagree with me in the comments below :) 
  


I plan to do a Face Of The Day post on Friday using some of my new makeup. Be sure to check back or follow me (if you aren't already doing so) so you don't miss any future posts!
Also, I want to give a big Thanks! to my cousin; I'm loving all my new makeup and having so much fun using it all and experimenting with new looks.


24 comments:

  1. Great haul. You got a lot of bang for your buck! I want to get more of the Milani blushes theyre soo pretty. And I'm glad to see the Rimmel nude eyeliner is more available. I knew they were hard to find so I hvent even bothered looking! I'm gonna pick it up now that my No- Buy is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! No-buy is over. I'm excited for you :)
      I really do a no buy... just not yet. I'm not ready to commit right now.

      Delete
  2. I'm SO glad you're happy with the gift, and I love that I get to see what you got with your gift card (and that it was your lucky day and they had your product finally!)

    I'm appalled that people test lipstick and don't buy them. That's gross. Maybe stores should have a tester tube/tub with some Q-tips (didn't they used to?) so that people can do all that nonsense without ruining extra stock. Also, I totally agree that the tubes should be sealed with some sort of wrapping. If I bought a lipstick and it was used, I'd be irate! (Much like I was last night when I bought a 12-pack of sugar cones and 7 of the 12 were broken, 2 of them to salvageable bits! Oh sorry, we were talking about makeup, weren't we? haha...)

    Here's a question, though, about in-store testing: when I go to a store, unless it's a shade I've purchased before, I always test nail polish on my finger to see if I like the look of it against my skin. Since it doesn't go on one's mouth, I'd say it isn't equally as bad as testing lipstick, but is it still a faux pas? Reader thoughts???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so giddy :) I may end up going back and picking up another L'Oreal shadow.

      Testers would be great and could potentially cut down on manufactures costs because it could cut down on how many items are damaged out and returned to the manufacture. I recently saw that CoverGirl had one sample of their foundation (just one color) so people could test to see how it covers and feels, then those interested would just make there best guess as to what color to buy.

      I think that testing of makeup products is a no-no because of hygiene reasons, especially lip and eye products because people can end up with infections. No one wants pinkeye cause someone stuck their finger in a eye shadow or swatched and eye liner. I don't think polish is as big of an issue as long as people are neat and aren't painting all their nails- I've seen it done! I've had the issue where I purchased a polish and then couldn't open it because someone used it and got the polish all around the rim, sealing it shut.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Nikki!! Wow you got some good stuff I can't wait to see the looks you'll create with it all. c:

    xo, Janiecy
    http://janiecyxo.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll defiantly have something up on Friday :)

      Delete
  4. So many wonderful products here! You'll enjoy the rimmel eyeliner! The loreal infallible eye-shadows are awesome as well! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited about the liner. It's been one of the most elusive products on my wishlist. And the Infallible shadows are amazing I may go back and get another shadow with my card since I didn't get a lipstick.

      Delete
  5. What a great birthday! I love the Loreal infallible eyeshadows! Enjoy and Happy Birthday!!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too, they are amazing.

      Delete
  6. Lovely gifts! Hope you had a great birthday :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! I just nomianted you for the liebster award on my blog, check it out and comment if you read it! Hope to see it on your blog soon :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! thanks for sharing!!! :)


    thinkerbellethoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute haul girl!!!! hope you review them too :)

    xx Jeeshan
    www.beautydosage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to review them!

      Delete
  10. Great haul Nikki!! I hope your b day was amazing!!

    PS- I did the This or That TAG that you posted a while back!! Check it out sometime!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Kendra! I'll check it out right now! Can't wait to hear what you pick :)

      Delete
  11. That Milani Baked Blush is SO pretty! Happy Birthday!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting the Milani blush forever! I love the WnW palettes and the Rimmel liner! Great presents! Happy birthday! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much and I had it on my wishlist forever too so I'm really happy to finally own it and it's a perfect shade for summer.

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.