Monday, May 20, 2013

This OR That

I think I may have an addiction to tag videos/posts. I really love when they pop up in my subscription box. These tags are a great way to learn about others as well as gain some insight. In one video or post you're bound to find something that is comparable between you and a stranger. Does anyone else have this same love for tags? 



Makeup:
Blush or Bronzer?
Blush-As a fair skin girly, blush is more fitting for me, and it keeps me from looking washed out.

Lip Gloss or Lipstick?
Lipstick- I use to wear more gloss, but lately I've been all about the lipstick (and lip balm- which is more like a lipstick than a gloss).

Eye Liner or Mascara? 
Mascara- I feel naked without mascara. It's arguably my most important makeup product.

Foundation or Concealer?
Foundation- It evens out the overall tone of my skin and if there's a spot that need more help, you can just apply another dab where you need it.

Neutral or Color Eye Shadow?
Neutral- I wear neutrals most often these days; they go with everything and are very flattering. I do enjoy color though, particularly pinks, purples and greens.

Pressed or Loose Eye Shadows?
Pressed- It's easy to work with.

Brushes or Sponges?
Brushes- I feel that brushes are more versatile.


Nails:
OPI or China Glaze?
OPI- I actually don't think I own any China Glaze polish. OPI is my favorite polish because they have a great color selection, wonderful brush, and awesome formula.

Long or Short?
Short- I like my nails just past finger tip length, any longer and typing becomes uncomfortable.

Acrylic or Natural?
Natural- I've never had acrylic nails. 

Brights or Darks?
Brights! I only own a couple shades that I'd consider dark. I love bright, pretty colors. They just make me smile :)

Flower or No Flowers? 
No flowers- I haven't had flowers on my nails since I was younger. They were always cute and fun to paint, but I stopped painting them in high school. 


  Body:
Perfume or Body Splash?
Perfume- I use perfume most, but I do like body spray for casual days. 

Lotion or Body Butter?
Lotion- I like that lotion absorbs faster than body butter and you can apply it anywhere at anytime, but I do like body butter too.

Body Wash or Soap?
Soap- I used body wash exclusively since (I believe) age six. Then this past year I started using soap from The Body Shop and was blown away. While I'm currently using a B&BW body wash off and on (and I'm loving it), I'd still say I'm converted to a soap user. 

Lush or Other Bath Company?
Bath and Body Works or The Body Shop- I've never shopped at Lush. I use lots of products from B&BW and Body Shop, they're a nice treat. I'm currently on a no buy ban (for both stores) until I finish up my stockpile!


Fashion:
Jeans or Sweat Pants?
Jeans- I like being comfortable at home and I wear gym shorts/sweats/pj pants around the house, but I don't leave the house in those clothing items. I wear jeans most of the time.

Long Sleeve of Short?
Short sleeve- By short sleeve, I don't mean tank tops (just to be clear). It's almost always too hot to wear long sleeves outdoors. Short sleeves allows me to be comfortable without feeling like I'm exposing too much skin. 

Dresses or Skirts?
Dresses- With a dress, the outfit is already assembled- all you have to do is pick out your accessories.

Stripes or Plaid?
Stripes! I love stripes and I don't know if I own any plaid items (other than PJs).

Flip Flops or Sandals?
Flip Flops- I live in flip flops most of the year. My Rainbows are the most comfortable footwear because they have such great arch support.  

Scarves or Hats? 
Hats- I don't wear scarves much since moving back to Florida, but hats... hats I wear. I stick to baseball caps. 

Studs or Dangly Earrings?
Studs- I love the look of dangly earrings, but I wear studs the most. They are simple and classic. 

Necklaces or Bracelets?
Necklaces- This was tough because I love both, but I feel more naked without a necklace than bracelets. I really love both though. I love jewelry in general. 

Heels or Flats?
Flats- I love the look of heels and I have a TON of them, but on a day to day basis I'm wearing flats the most.

Cowboy Boots or Riding Boots?
Riding Boots- This was a challenging one. I love them both, but I have worn riding boots more in recent months. However, now that it's spring I'll be wearing my cowboy boots more since they are looser and generally much cooler (in temperature).

Jacket or Hoodie?
Hoodie- I am almost always in a hoodie when I'm at home. I wear jackets much less frequently. 

Forever21 or Charlotte Russe? 
Forever21- I like Forever21's clothes and accessories. I think they have a great price point for most of their items. 

Abercombie or Hollister?
Hollister- I don't shop at either, but for the sake of picking one, I choose Hollister because I owned a few tops from several years ago. I've never shopped at Abercombie. 

Saks 5th Ave or Nordstrom?
Nordstrom- I like both and they are both out of my price range. Nordstrom's is the one that I was in last which is why I picked it. 


Hair:
Curly or Straight?
Curly- My hair is naturally curly and I think curly hair is just so pretty (even if it's not natural).

Bun or Ponytail?
Bun- While ponytails are super cute, they can get a little heavy and make my head hurt after awhile. When my hair is in a bun I don't experience that problem. 

Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips?
Butterfly Clips- I use clips most often and have them in all sizes: one that goes over a bun that I wear around the house to clip my hair up, medium size ones, and the little ones for clipping back smaller sections of hair. Bobby Pins definitely have their place though. Check out my recent post on how I style my hair using colored bobby pins.

Hairspray or Gel?
Hairspray- I don't use much of either, but I use hairspray more often than gel.

Long or Short?
Short- Long hair is a pain! I prefer my hair shoulder length. It's the most manageable at this length. 

Light or Dark?
Dark- I may be biased. 

Side Swept Bangs or Full Bangs?
Side Swept Bangs- I don't have bangs, but I prefer the look of side swept (for me at least).

Up or Down?
Down- I like the look of my hair down. I wear it up most of the time, especially when at home, but I'm getting much better about taking it down when I leave the house.


Random:
Rain or Shine?
Shine! I love when the sun is shining. It's part of why I wanted to move back to Florida. I just couldn't take the dark, dreary winters up north any longer. I love walking outside and being able to remark, "It's such a glorious day!" 

Summer or Winter?
Winter- Florida in winter, the temperature is great; the summer can get a bit hot. Anywhere that has cold, harsh winters, I'd pick summer.

Fall or Spring?
Spring! I love springtime. Everything's alive and in bloom; the colors are so cheery. How could you not love this time of year? 

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Chocolate- I am a chocoholic. 

East Coast or West Coast?
East Coast- Since I live on the east coast, I think I must choose it to remain faithful to my roots. However, I love California. 




I tag everyone to do the This or That tag! If you do this tag in a blog post, please leave your link in a comment below. I'd love to read some more "This or That" posts and learn more about everyone. 


4 comments:

  1. I love that your are addicted to tag posts! Haha I really enjoy reading them. It's like a little peak into your life!
    I really liked this one and might do it soon!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Thank you for enabling me! I hope you do this one. I think this really shares a lot about beauty blogger preferences.

      Delete
  2. I love this!!!! I will definitely do this one!!!!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I can't wait to read or watch!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.