Wednesday, May 29, 2013

OOTD: Little Black Dress with No Marks!

'Tis the season to go sleeveless! So be sure you're armed and ready for it. A big challenge... those phantom white marks you can get on your clothes. You know the ones I'm talking about; who among us hasn't discovered deodorant marks or stains on your clothes? You don't want to be caught with that, especially on you're favorite Little Black Dress. 


Outfit
This was actually my OOTD- yesterday. This looser fitting black cotton dress is ultra comfortable, but classy. I adore the white trim detailing; I think it gives this dress a very mod look.

C2 Studio Black Dress with White Trim


Accessories
All my accessories were by Steve Madden; Something I didn't realize until I was going over my pictures. You'll have to excuse my flip flops though; my feet were too swollen from the heat to fit into shoes! 
Steve Madden Purse and Steve Madden Flip Flops

Steve Madden Black Sunglasses

Jewelry:
The neckline on this dress is high with contrast around the collar, so I opted not to wear a necklace. Instead, I decided to wear my new sparkly earrings from my Mini Forever21 Jewelry Haul to add a little dazzle. I also stacked three bracelets together, because I just wanted to wear more jewelry! 

Bracelets: Black and Silver Bracelet, David Yurman Toggle Heart Charm Bracelet, and Tiffany & Co Silver Ball Bracelet
Earrings: Forever21 Rhinestone Earrings



Recently, I received a Spring VoxBox from Influenster to review. Included, was a complementary Secret Outlast Deodorant, the package claiming that it works up to 48 hours. I'll admit that I've not tested that, however, more importantly to me, it does hold up in this Florida heat. The clear gel dries quickly, lasts long, smells great, and does not leave marks on my LBD. I think this is a winner!

Secret Outlast Deodorant in Completely Clean


Deodorant Mark Removal Trick: 
If you get white deodorant marks on your dress or top, have no fear! I've got a solution for you that I've used myself countless times. Simply rub marks away with the same fabric that the marks are on. Confused? Grab a corner of your shirt or the hem of your dress and rub it against the deodorant marks. I don't know how, but this trick really works!


Have you ever tried the deodorant mark removal trick? Did you have any success?


20 comments:

  1. Ααααα you look so stylish, sweety!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love hearing that :)

      Delete
  2. Such a great dress! You look so elegant and classy!!

    Making It Sparkle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Val! You're so sweet :) I felt great wearing the dress and my grandma approved of it too!

      Delete
  3. I have a high stress dressy job interview on Friday. Is this the deodorant you would suggest? Thanks!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a stress sweater too, but I've been staying surprisingly dry since I started using this deodorant and this scent is so nice too that it keeps me feeling confident.

      I've heard that applying deodorant at night actually helps it work better/ last longer. You may still want to re apply a little in the am (especially if you shower), but this may help to provide an extra layer of protection.

      Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Another trick for wiping away those deodorant stains-- use your hose! Pantyhose, that is. Next time you get a run in your stocking, don't throw it away; save it as a resident deodorant remover. A little rub and it's gone!

    And for annoying static cling, use a dryer sheet and wipe away the static. (This isn't the time of year for that, necessarily, but while I'm sharing my tips... haha)

    Cute OOTD! (And happy birthday wishes to you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about the dryer sheets for static cling, but never knew about pantyhose for deodorant marks! Great tip Natalie, thanks for sharing them :)

      Thanks so much; I had a nice birthday. I'll be playing with makeup today!

      Delete
  5. Lol, my next question was going to be what brand of pantyhose wouldn't get runs!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last pair I bought was Leggs Silken Mist Control Top. I have worn these 3 or 4 times and haven't got a run yet, knock on wood! They are available at the drugstore (I believe I picked mine up at CVS) and have a nice finish and color range.

      In my experience, control top is a must. It helps the hose hold up longer, even if it's a bit restrictive. When I don't buy control top I always get a run that starts up high and works its way down.

      Also, avoid sitting all the way back in chairs so your legs don't touch the edge of the chair. This will also help you look more engaged in the interview process.

      I hope you do great in your interview! Good luck :)

      Delete
  6. Bought the deodorant and the hose at CVS. If I'm a a sweaty mess with runs I'm coming to get you.

    Claire

    Kidding of course

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hope everything works out great!

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful dress :D You were totally channeling Audrey Hepburn, that outfit is so classic and chic!I'll definitely will be checking out that deodorant, I live in Florida as well and the weather is just awful at times.

    http://asianhomie101.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha I agree, I defiantly felt Audrey-esk with the sunglasses.
      Since it's now warmer out, I've been showering at night and applying my deodorant before bed. It lasts me all the way till the next night.

      Delete
  8. So pretty!! Haha love the deodorant part, very helpful! :) Thanks for the post!
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it; I'm all about being helpful! Us girls gotta share our knowledge :)

      Delete
  9. Wanted to report back that the deodorant kept me smelling good and kept my interview silk blouse bone dry. No marks either.

    The pantyhose were run free and looked okay.

    Things went well, two hour interview.

    I hope to get good news.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that everything worked out so well! I was actually thinking of you Friday and wondering how your interview went so thanks for letting me know. A two hour interview is usually a good sign!

      Delete
  10. That dress looks so great on you! I have yet to perfect the little black dress!
    Jennifer

    http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I almost passed this by at the store because it looked like a giant sack. It's really nice material and I liked the white detailing so I thought, eh I'll try it. Lesson is- try everything! You will find the perfect LBD soon :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments and support! I really appreciate it.

Be sure to check back or subscribe; I do make an effort to reply to comments.